Beginning

Heyyyyyyyy Guysss,

My first book on Wattpad.

I am not a native English speaker. There might be grammar mistakes. Please rectify if there are any. 

PLease do let me know your favorite genres. And suggest some ideas.

Call me Rexie> BYeeee

Prologue

The old Alchemist read the ancient book lying on the floor patiently considering it many times, he started smiling to himself. An old and wise man, traveling endlessly, through deserts and lakes, swamps and oceans. His entire life with his traveling companion.

"Why do you smile"? Asked his companion.

"I smile for Achilles, for he died being hit by a seemingly mere arrow which hit his heel, a heel wasn't vulnerable to menace or malice of any kind, his mother dipped him in River Styx to acquire invincibility, but the water didn't wash over his heels. What were his biggest flaws? The Great warrior's biggest flaw was hubris."

The companion wholeheartedly agreed with the alchemist.

"I have devoted myself to being an alchemist for the past 57 years. Never have I ever been amused by any stories like Achilles and Narcissus or anything tragic like the story of Oedipus. How much has humanity changed since Narcissus thought the world revolved around him, Achilles was drowned in self-pride and Oedipus was blinded by love? Would they have been in this predicament"?

The companion told, "Time flies, and the world change because we took the crooked path instead of the straight. We are prone to looming danger with every passing second. But it is written in destiny. Maktub.......