do you want somebody (like i want somebody)

You can remember every moment you've shared with Koga ever since you first met back in your first year at Yumenosaki. His ups, his downs, and everything in between, you were there for it all. You remember comforting him whenever Rei used to go overseas, and eventually DEADMANZ's disbandment. He always tried to be so indifferent, but you could always tell. Of course you could. He would never let anyone see him like this but you. You supported his impulsive B1 DreFes performances, even if you did get in trouble with the council. You can remember the scolding you two would receive from Keito. Your other friends would always see you sulking when you got to your building afterwards. Everything he did, you were always by his side.

Of course, Koga was always there for you too. Whenever he could, he would make it to your practices. When he did, you never really got any progress done. You would always goof off before he "scolds" you for not being on task. and then he proceeds to distract you further. You've had to ban him from the practice rooms a few times. In the middle of your own performances, you could always see him somewhere in the crowd. Every time you walked onto the stage, you would scan the crowd to find him. He found out and would purposefully blend in and make you scan even harder. If you never saw him, he would come up to you after your performance and boast about his "win".

As the years passed with him, you started to view him differently. Your heart would start to beat faster around him. You could feel your face bloom into warmth when you would accidentally brush hands. You've spent nights thinking about his touch, how it would feel to hold his slightly callused hands. And since when did you start staring at his lips when you walked together? You would rant to the friends who shared the same course as you.

"That is seriously sappy. You are so head over heels for him," Shuntaro teased. You glared at him before you heard another voice speak up.

"Literally! It sounds like it came straight out of a romance novel!", Hikari exclaimed. You groaned, feeling the heat creep back up your cheeks. You really didn't want to admit it, but it was very obvious to everyone.

You're in love with Koga Oogami, your best friend.

"HnhnhnnnggAAAAHH!! God I hate this... I don't know what to do...", you complain, your hands gripping the sides of your head before dropping them. You prop one of your arms on the table where the three of you sat, resting your head in your hand.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe just go up to him and tell him you like him?", Shuntaro suggested, a teasing grin lying on his face. You and Hikari turn to face him, you staring at him with a deadpan expression, and Hikari looking at him as if he murdered someone.

"Dude, they can't just do that! This is their best best friend. They can't just casually walk up to him and say 'Hey, I like you and have liked you since the start of our second year!'", she argues for you, but you shake your head.

"No no, he's right. But I'm not doing that. No way," you look at Hikari, a small almost apologetic smile on your face. She nods. Silence washes over the three of you, not that you minded too much. It took a bit, but finally someone spoke.

"So, how do you plan on confessing to him?", Hikari asked you. You didn't really give the confession much thought. You told yourself that you'd find a way to do it later constantly, even before this conversation, but you never did. you thought about it harder. You want something direct, but still romantic. not abrupt, but not beating around the bush.

What can bridge the two together, you wonder.

"Heeeeyyy, you still there??" Hikari waves a hand in front of your eyes while you blink, focus back on your friends.

"My bad.. I thought about it for a little bit, but I think I have an idea." You motion for them to lean in and whisper in their ears.

——————