Chapter 1 (1/2)

Characters used in this part of the chapter :

Ages: Brenda 39 Danielle 2Chica 10Anne/ Chica's mom 36

Ages:
Brenda 39
Danielle 2
Chica 10
Anne/ Chica's mom 36

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Through streets of the small town of North kingdom a woman is walking carrying a basket full of fruits and different ingredients. The woman is tall with ginger hair and green eyes. She is heading to the bakery. In front of the bakery is a little chicken cleaning with a broom. The girl notices her.
?: Hello miss Brenda !
The girl yelled while waving.
Brenda: Hello Chica. Is your mother here ?
The woman replied .
Chica: Yes ! She's in the kitchen! Did you get the ingredients ?
Brenda: Of course .
Brenda stopped next to Chica and was looking for something in the basket. She took out a handful of raspberries and gave it to the girl.
Brenda: Here ,I got these for you.
Chica: *gasp* Thank you !
Brenda gave her raspberries and went inside the bakery. Chica leaned her broom against the wall of the bakery and started eating the raspberries that Brenda gave her. Some minutes later Brenda came outside and was followed by an adult hen who was carrying a basket full of food.
?: Thank you again Brenda ,you deserve this.
The woman gave her the basket and continued.
?: I packed you some fruits ,vegetables, milk and homemade bread and butter .
Chica: Did you pack the cookies I made too ?
?: Yes I did .
Chica: Thanks ma !
Brenda: Thank you for all of this . Also why did you want so many ingredients this time ? You asked me to get more than usual.
Chica's mom: Oh yeah I forgot to tell you ! The king asked us to make some sweet pastry for his daughter's birthday.
Brenda: Ah yes I heard about it.The little girl is turning 4 am I right ?
Chica's mom: Yes and the king decided to organize a little tea party for her.
Chica: There will only be babies and toddlers .That reminds me , will you go with Danielle ?
Brenda chuckled
Brenda: Oh no dear, only the ones who are invited are going. And also I'm not even allowed in or near the palace. You know ... vagabonds...
Chica's mom: Oh Brenda don't say that !
Brenda: But it's true , I'm not a noble and I don't have any money . I'm lucky enough not to be a slave.
Chica's mom: *sigh* I guess you're right... but you don't have to talk about yourself this way .
Brenda: Don't worry about me . And thank you again for your hard work. It must be tiring to bake all day.
Chica's mom: It is but that's what me and my daughter love. We love baking and we love baking for this town.
Chica: And for the king and his family .
Chica's mom: That's right . Now you go home and take a rest.
Brenda: I will. Good luck with baking for the king .
Chica: Goodbye miss Brenda ,hug Danielle for me !
Brenda left the bakery and headed home.

She walked for a while and reached an abandoned house

She walked for a while and reached an abandoned house. Next to the house, there was garbage such as broken cups and plates, old furniture, discarded food, etc. Brenda entered the passage between the abandoned house and the small building next to it and entered a dead end street. She approached the wall of the abandoned house where a huge outdated bed was propped up. She crouched down and moved the bed a little. There was a blanket from the bed that was hung up like a curtain. Brenda moved it and a huge hole in the wall was revealed. That hole was used as a hiding spot. Brenda went inside. Inside was a little girl playing with a ball of wool. The girl had a green hair and golden yellow eyes. She noticed Brenda.
?: Mama !
Brenda: Hello Dani . Look what Chica and her mother gave us !
Brenda started taking food out of the basket.
Brenda: Look ,we got some tomatoes, cherries, bread , cookies, strawberries...
On a word "strawberries" little girl ran towards Brenda in excitement.
Danielle: Stwawbewy !
Brenda: Oh boy you gotta learn how to pronounce the letter 'R' properly.*sigh* But there's always time for that. Now before we eat strawberries we'll first have a lunch . Is that good ?
Danielle nodded.
Brenda : Good . Now go sit on your pillow, I'll cut you some vegetables and meat. We'll save butter for later.
After lunch Brenda gave Danielle some strawberries and she poured her milk into a small cup she found. Brenda is taking care of Danielle since she was a baby . In a horrible state Danielle was in Brenda had to take her and take care of her. She tried searching for her parents but she had no luck.
so she decided to keep her. Brenda is struggling to get a good job where she would have a good salary but there's no luck there too. She has two jobs : First where she's fixing stuff for a small amount of money and the second one where she buys ingredients for the bakery and gets food . Brenda was thinking about the thing Chica's mom told her.
Brenda (mind): I wander how he's doing now... ruling the whole nation must be tiring...
Just then she heard a carriage passing. She quickly ran outside to see what carriage it is out of curiosity.

It was a carriage from a Eastern kingdom...