>> Chapter 1: This World<<

Scratch, kick, let gravity win like

Fuck this, let gravity win like

You could leave it all behind

Even the Devil needs time alone sometimes

You could let it all go, you could let it all go

It's called: freefall

Song: it's called : freefall by rainbow kitten surprise
~

I yanked at the buckle at my knee high boot as it had came undone from walking around so much. " Scarlett!" Ben yelled from the other side of the street.

" yea!?" I yelled back at him

" there's been no sign of fore horsemen of John or vampires what the hells going on?"

The crunch of the snow under my boot filled the streets as I walked over to Ben

" this is a bit weird "  Ren said pushing his glasses up his nose

" i-im getting nervous " Hannah said shyly.

" I don't know what's going on man" I said looking over to robin " robin do you know what's going on?"

He shrugged " your the one who knows the mission man, you are our commander "

" we're at the place we're supposed to be at, maybe it was a false alarm?" Robin replied to Ren his messy blond hair waved slightly as the wind blew.

I kicked off the snow from my boot. " that doesn't really make sense, the report said that there was suspicious vampire activity here so they wouldn't send a full squad if they weren't sure if vampires were here or not " I said looking around.

The place was dead there wasn't even a sign of life, the tall buildings reached to the sky towering over the 5 man squad. Vines crawled up the sides of the buildings.

Snow littered the ground only foot prints of my squad members. The quiet made the place earie uncomfortable just to stand around here waiting for something to happen, a noise anything. But nothing happened.

" let's just keep moving " Robin said beginning to walk. I sighed my legs shaky and jelly like beginning to walk again.

" I'd rather be at my dorm room right now" I said

" I'd say" Ben replied. " I feel like having a crêpe right now.." Hannah said quietly

" no a doughnut sounds good right now Ren said

" would you all stop talking about food your making me hungry " Robin said over our bickering.

" but Robin were ssooo hungry " I said

" then go scavenge out some food, I will not be waiting for you though "

" your so mean"

after the world ended from some unknown virus the world went to shit. Now there was hardly any humans around, only humanoid beings that were out to take our blood from us. Their pointed ears bright red eyes their sharp fangs, they were vampires.

But nothing like the vampires that I've seen on TV, they are sexualized but the real thing are terrifying creatures.

We humans had no way to fight and kill these monsters until you made a contact with a demon.

Not just that Fore Horsemen Of John we're running around this new place, our new world. It's no longer safe for humanity,

might as well give yourself to the vampires. But humans were stubborn and wouldn't do such a thing .

Being livestock was out of the question for humanity they would rather go to war then let them become slaves. But what I could see, it wasn't to bad to become livestock. Yes you get your blood drawn and have to where clothes that I would much rather not wear.

And treated like dirt but you get to live. And living is what any human or animal wants even vampires and fore horsemen of John want to live, it's our instinct. Or what ever. I felt a shove pushing my away and sending me to the floor. As I was snapped back into reality

" Scarlett!?" Ben yelled I look over seeing Ren fighting a fore horsemen of John. It came out of nowhere.

" holy fucking shit!" I yelled out confused as I stumbled back up to my feet soumaning my weapon.

" form up!" Robin ordered. After he yelled we all got into formation with Ren in the middle.

My ears rang as this creature nocked Ren onto his ass hearing the chain around his belt crash with the pavement.

I jumped to block an attack that was coming at my friend using my sword to block the blow from touching him.

I battled with the monster my sharp sword scratched against is claws. I tried me best to keep up with it but it was no use as I was out of energy.

Getting nocked back my head hit the ground shaking my poor brain around in its skull. My ears picked up the sound of my comrades yelling at me and Hannah running over to me the sides of my vision turned black as everything went black.