❦︎ The New Beginning ❦︎

RAENI

RAENI

"I feel bad now."

I watched him put the food into the containers. Maybe I could've eaten the hash browns but he used the same pan from the bacon.

"Don't. I should've asked."

I helped him pack the food away for when Ares and Lorelai get here. I was nervous, I don't know what Lorelai was going to say. She'd probably ask me why I didn't tell her. She'd feel an ounce of guilt for not seeing it.

The door to the apartment opens and I haven't even fully turned around before someone engulfed me in a hug. It was tight, filled with relief and love. I wound my arms around her waist and held her. She needed me to be strong so hat she could be stronger.

"You didn't tell me."

I knew it. Her whisper was a loud truth in my ear.

"I couldn't. I just couldn't." I held her tighter, burying my face in her neck.

"You're probably not okay but do you feel better?" She asked, pulling away slightly.

I managed to nod my head when a tear trickled down my cheek. She pursed her lips together and wiped the tear away. My chin slightly shaking from my kept in sobs.

"Don't cry. Do you want another hug?"

I didn't even need to answer her when she wrapped her arms around me again. Her embrace was warm and comforting. Her small little breaths fanned across the shirt I was wearing.

"Have you eaten?" She asks, walking around the counter, to the other side.

"Yes, Stefano made breakfast." I leaned against the countertop. The corner of her lip lifted as she leans against the countertop as well. I already know what she's thinking before she even says it.

"I like him." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Ares?" I smiled, thinking she was finally admitting it.

"The one who cooks."

"Oh. That's a shame for Ares, he really likes you." Jutting my bottom lip out. She crossed her arms, giving me a look that implies that whatever I said was stupid.

I raised my eyebrows at her, waiting and expecting her to say what she wants to say out loud. I half expected her to spell it out for me. She smiled and went to sit down in the living room. I was about to follow her when Stefano came out of Ares' room and walked to the kitchen.

"Is Lorelai hungry?" He asked me in a whisper.

"I wouldn't know, you'd have to ask her." I replied in a whisper as well and laugh at him.