ten

NICHOLAS

I went back to my teammates after the argument with Chaeri and Euijoo, ruffling my hair in disappointment after everything I heard from them. 

I didn't know a sentence could kill me.

I looked up to see the boys had finished already so I just decided to sit on the bleachers to take a rest while wondering what just happened.

Chaeri didn't mean what she said, right?

Her tone sounds like she meant it, but forced. I may look emotionless sometimes but I can understand everyone's feelings through their looks and voice.

"Hey Nicholas." A guy came toward me with a smile, his snaggle tooth can be seen which I found adorable.

I sent back a smile with a small wave. "Hey. You're Yuma, right? You're close with Chaeri."

Chaeri often includes him every time we conversed, sometimes I saw them in the cafeteria.

Yuma shook his head before sitting beside me. "Nuh uh— we're not just close, we're besties. I can't believe you didn't know that?" He teased.

I punched him lightly on the shoulder with a chuckle and shook my head. Then it was an awkward silence as we sat silently.

"I saw what happened, I'm sorry about that." Yuma suddenly spoke up, his head lowered while looking down at the ground.

I gazed at him when he said that. I figured that he knew that was coming. As Chaeri's best friend, he'd be the first one to know her secrets. And I envy him for that.

"I just don't understand why she did this. I must be the confused one here." I sighed, throwing a small rock somewhere. "I have never felt so in love yet I feel heartbroken."

He looked at me with pursed lips and then patted my back a few times. "Hang in there. Chaeri's just being selfless, she keeps being nice to people despite that it hurts her that way."

Like I've said, I can sense other people's feelings but Chaeri isn't a transparent person, she's not an open book that people can read easily. It was hard to figure out if she actually like me or not and I'm here struggling to comprehend of what's happening.

"Nicholas," Yuma called, his eyes staring at me hopefully. "You're a good guy, try to do something if you like her. She really likes you too."

My head shot up to look at him in disbelief. "Really? But she said—"

"That's not true, she didn't want to break Euijoo's heart." Yuma pursed his lips in disappointment. "She said that to me herself. So there must be ways for you to win her and fix your friendship with Euijoo."

I nodded my head in agreement before taking a sip of my mineral water as I watched the others playing basketball with smiles on their faces. I used to have those smiles on my face when I played basketball with Euijoo mostly during high school.

He was new to basketball, so I taught him how to play it and it was a good time to see him as one of the best players with me. I was the proudest person in the world.

──────────────────────

CHAERI

I watched the cheesecake on the table with no interest. I had no appetite after what happened.

Euijoo was drinking his coffee while playing with his phone in silence, sometimes chuckling happily.

I tried to act normal as if nothing happened but I simply couldn't. My face was expressionless while my mind kept replaying the argument with Nicholas. His shocked face was the thing I remember the most.

Did I sound like I mean it? Heck, yes. I think I did.

"Chaeri, are you not going to eat?" Euijoo asked, concerned.

I finally shook it off and then sent him a small smile. "You can eat it."

Euijoo looked at me with pursed lips, he knew I wasn't feeling good. He sighed heavily, stood up, and moved to sit beside me.

"Look, I know it didn't go well with Nicholas earlier but I need to see you smile and eat your favorite." He took a spoon for the cheesecake and raised it in front of my lips with a teasing smile. "Want me to feed you?"

It made me wonder how he changed his mood quickly and forgot everything like that. Although I was still feeling sad and I knew he just wanted to see me happy with him.

I opened my mouth slowly before he could feed me and we smiled at each other. Euijoo's smile was innocent and sweet, it's what I love about him the most. He was sincere.

But that doesn't mean I can move on from Nicholas.

──────────────────────

author's note :

hello everyone! i'm sorry i've been ia and i thought i've published this chapter i literally panicked 😭 i hope this won't happen to me again in the future.

oh also, junwon is on fantasy boys so please show your love and support for him! if you watch boys planet 999, please vote for matthew, keita, jay and zhang hao 🙏‼️ i beg.

please vote, comment down your thoughts and follow me for updates! stay tune <3