Fall out

Third person.
There was barely any light coming through the French windows since it was dark outside and Daniella preferred it that way so she kept the lights off aswell. She sat there with a glass of wine in hand, a bunch of papers scattered all over her desk and a lamp with a warm shade hitting directly onto the desk so that when you stood in a distance, you couldn't even tell that someone was seated right behind the desk.

She wasn't thinking about anything in particular, just how boring her life had become even after she'd achieved everything she thought she ever wanted. She sighed and put her glass on the table and it made a sound on impact like how one would drop a pin in a dead silent room. She pushed her chair back and stood up, walking towards the window to stare at the big city below her feet as she hovers like she owned every inch of it in its vast beauty of light...or so a part of her believed.

"I should own all of this. But it would still be boring if I don't have someone to brag to about such power." Her thoughts spewed  out of her mouth unintended for any audience but to her shock...

"Count me in unannounced...drag my nails on the tile if you have to." Another deep voice filled the room. Unsure of where the voice came from, Daniella stood her ground without so much as a movement. It almost seemed like she recognized the voice but she knew if she reacted in any other way, she would seem weak and that is something she dreaded.

"How did you find me?" She asked. Her voice ever so calm like the waters that have never seen the horrors of a storm.

"I just follow your scent but you can't just follow my smile." The man lifted the lamp on Daniella's table and pointed it right below his face and he was indeed wearing a smile so beautiful it's exactly why she fell in the first place. Daniella turned her head slowly to look and that's when her heart dropped but even then. She was too good at hiding it. Was he seated there the whole time? Daniella thought to herself but still doubted.

"I never thought I'd ever see that smile again. Let alone speak to  you." She said as she fully turned around to face the man she once was so deeply in love with. Her senses where alert but her heart still flattered at the sight of Erick.

"All of your flaws are aligned with this mood of mine cutting me to the bone.  Nothing left to leave behind. Except of course the devil herself." He spoke as he pushed himself back in the chair to get even more comfortable but then his face disappeared and it was darkness again.

"How did you get here? Does anyone know you're here?" Daniella didn't want to show the panic but it was getting  the best of her even though she kept her voice ever so soft and controlled.

"You ought to keep me concealed just like I was a weapon.." Erick pipped up like he was trying to hint on something but still decided to leave it at that because he loved how silent the room fell for what seemed like forever but he also knew she was never the type to lose.

"What do you want Erick?" Daniella walked towards him making sure his shadow can be seen even though she still couldn't make out what he really looked like, just that there was a human being there that sounded like her ex. She didn't want to get too close though so she kept that safe distance between them just in case.

"I didn't come for a fight although if it so happens then I'll have no choice ...I will fight till the end."

"Be careful making wishes in the dark. Can't be sure when they've hit their mark." Daniella was clearly now fed up of whatever game Erick was playing at. She thought she'd have a conversation with him but it's seemingly impossible given how impatient Daniella is and how witty Erick was sounding.

"That's it. I'm gonna get you to burst just like you were a bubble." Erick provoked as he stood up from his seat and walked towards Daniella within arms length.