Chapter one; Best/worst day of my life 1

I cried and cried. Adnan already left for the wedding nikkah. "Mamii"my three year old daughter, Nana sat on my bed.

        "Em hungry"she said and handed me my phone to unlock it for her. I used my finger print and gave her then went downstairs. Just in time, the front door opened and Adnan walked in wearing a blue babban riga.
"Groom of the day"I beamed. Don't ever call me that, ever"He glared at me and sat down on an armchair. I laughed, a sad one and entered the kitchen. I made spaghetti with fish sauce with the help of Jamilah, my househelp.

     I arranged the table and we all ate including Nana. When we were done, I headed up with Nana cause she had fallen asleep. I locked the door and laid her down on the bed.
Minutes later, cars started trooping into the house and I could hear yodeling from downstairs. Hours later, the house was dead silent and I heard a knock on my door.
I opened the door and behold the devil. "Mommy ina wuni"I greeted my mother-in-law. I felt a sharp pain on my right cheek and realized she had slapped me. "Don't ever call me your mother, do I look like her?,tell me you stupid woman"She yelled at me. "Mommy san........."Adnan stopped mid sentence and the tears in my eyes. "Babe what happened?"He asked. "Mommy don't tell me you did this to her, why would you dar........" She cut him off and started yelling. I don't actually know what is between her and yelling.

    "Who do you think you are talking to like that?just because I have not forced you to divorce this, and you"She turned to me. "You stupid fool, you've brain washed my son to the extent that he'll talk back rubbish when I'm talking to him, don't worry, you'll soon be thrown out of this house"She yelled. "And Adnan better leave this village rag and go attend to your wife"And with that, she turned and left.

    I felt Adnan's hand enveloping me into a warm hug. Just then the tears I was holding back started flowing and I started sobing. Sshh love, don't cry, everything will be fine"He said rubbing my back in a soothing manner.
          My whole life since I married Adnan, mama had always tried to do her best to separate us but 'she can't separate soulmates' as Ablah quotes.

  "Abi, why is mamii crying?"I heard Nana's voice. Guess the devil made her wake up. I quickly wiped my face and turned around. "I thought you were sleeping"I said. "Mamii tell me"she insisted and I picked her up. "My baby, something flew into my eyes, kay?"I said. "Kay"she smiled.

      I rocked her back to sleep and placed her on the bed. I turned around to see Adnan looking at me with guilty eyes. "I'm fine now, okay?, Go and meet your new wife"I said and pushed him out of the room as he continued to glare at me. I laid down beside Nana cause my head was aching and soon I slept off.