Summer Dream

Violet's Point of View

                A beautiful sunset is about to happen. Summer's hot air waves through our hair. A small breeze from the ocean makes me shiver. As we hold hands we walk, no one but us is at beach with Rocco running next to us. He is barking with joy and excitement as he chases the seagulls away. We stop and sit down on the soft sand. Without saying one word, we just look straight ahead and watched the sun start to set down. After a while she looks at me and speaks up, “Violet I had a great time with you this past month, and I wish we could stay here forever.” Her eyes holding lust and a small, sweet smile placed on her pink lips . I return a smile and spoke, “Truest me Rogue I don’t want this to end either. I want this summer to last forever, and I wish that you could stay with me.” I looked at  her , the sunlight hitting her face perfectly, into her gray beautiful eyes, making my heart speed up faster than ever before. We both lean in to kiss, our lips only centimeters apart, I could almost tast her watermelon lip gloss.

              BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! My eyes shotting right open. Ah really not again! I was so close again to kissing her. Why do I keep dreaming of this over and over again, if I haven’t seen her in over a week? This didn’t happen to me when we were together. I wonder if she is fine, and thinks of me like I think of her? What no I can’t be thinking like this. I don’t like girls. Do I? Or don’t I? Ever since I meet her I can’t stop thinking of her. Ah! I’m going nuts.

              I lie back down and try to remember her smile, face, and eyes from my memories and dreams. As I’m falling back to sleep I hear my mom, “Hurry up Violet you’re going to be late on your first day back to school!” “I’m going mom gosh!” 

                  As I get up and go to take a shower, but before I do I look at myself in the mirror. I'm ok looking I guess, being 5ft and 7in. tall, having violet eyes, and brown hair and bit a somewhat athletic figure. Everyone says I’m beautiful or gorgeous yet I don't see it at ll. I can’t see what everyone else sees in me because I only see a normal girl; while others see someone that's popular, outgoing, and just ready to face anything that comes her way. Yet, they don't see that I'm insecure, shy, and afraid of my future. After taking a shower I get my favorite aqua skull blouse with my purple pants and my black army boots with spicks. As I head down stairs I grab my backpack and head into the kitchen. I grab a muffin and an orange juice to drink on my way to school.

               “Bye mom I’m leaving now I’ll see you when I get back from school,” I say as she walks into the kitchen.

            “Ok sweet heart just get here early to watch over your brother ok?”

           “Yes mom sure, but can Mandy stay over for a while please?”

          “Sure but no funny business ok? And I’ll leave you money so you can buy pizza to eat when you get home ok?”

           “Yes mom, bye love you.”

          Grabing my car keys, I head out the door. I stop right in front of it and take another good look at my new baby. A 1967 GT 500 Cobra red with black racing strips on the top and thin violet strips on the side. I couldn’t stop thanking my parents when I got it. I get in and see the camera keychain hanging on my rear view mirror, reminding me of her. Before I start the car I get a text from Mandy.

Mandy: Hey can you come and pick me up please because Daniel and I got into a fight and I don’t want to see him right now?

Me: Ok sure I’ll be there in 6 min.

Mandy: Ok I’ll be waiting for you just honk when you arrive.

Me: Ok sure see you then