HEART AND MIND

Note: English is not my first language; the story may have lots of errors.

Hi.. My name is Jaeden Emilio, and yes, my family owns Emilio Apartments. Believe it or not, I'm the only child, which means all of this will be mine someday, and that would mean that I would have to learn management. It sucks since my passion is creative writing. I like to write scripts about non-sense and made-up stories, which comes in handy when I am confronted by my parents after I do something that would upset them. Being the only child you know, that comes in handy. Well sometimes. Enough of those embarrassing memories; I would want all of you to know my life with my best friend, Jona Rodriguez. Our story started when we were just 4 years old. They just recently moved in just next door, and me being this lonely, we immediately became friends. Both of my parents and her MOM organized playdate hours (3 hours every other day), but of course we didn't follow that. We played almost every day for 4 hours straight. We would play all kinds of stuff, from hide and seek to tag to even getting married. role playing, and no, we were not kissing, just cute little hugs, and how can I forget our favorite activity, roller skating? Believe it or not, we both are good at it, so good that we even have our own dance. At that point, our lives have been perfect *sigh* until...

*Jonathan*, my father, began shouting at my mother *Jasmine* for reasons I don't know because I was just 4 back then and Mother never told me what actually happened to this day. It was in the middle of the afternoon, and the fights between them were getting worse. I made the decision to go to Jona's apartment and hide there. Jona's mother, Jenny Rodriguez, made us go to the bedroom, shut the door, and turned on the TV at a high volume. She said that when my parents come looking for me, she'll make sure that they're calm first before telling them where I am. 5 minutes later, me and Jona are in the bedroom watching TV, and suddenly Jona asks me:

Jona: Did you run away from your parents?

Jaeden: I didn't run away; I hid from them.

Jona: But why? They're your parents.

Jaeden: They're always fighting in front of me. i.. I can't bear to see them hurt each other; sometimes I'd think it would be best if they were separated far apart from each other. you know?

Jona: Don't say that. Trust me, living a life with a broken family is the worst feeling you'll ever experience.

Jona started crying after what she said. I had nothing to say after that; I didn't even know how to react. It was an awkward situation that lasted a minute, and then I heard screaming outside the bedroom door. It was my father asking Jenny where I was but refusing to tell me what she promised me: that she'd calm whoever came looking for me, and then she'd tell them where I was. Father with the man without patience came into the apartment and began looking left and right while resisting Jenny as she tried to pull him away from the bedroom door. Jenny kept on saying to calm down first, then I'll tell, and Jonathan immediately turned to her and yelled.

Jonathan: WHERE THE F**K IS MY KID?

Jenny: Calm yourself first, then I'll tell you, because what you're doing right now is not the right way to approach a child after the scene where he saw you and his mother.

Jonathan soon realized he should check the bedroom and immediately ran towards the bedroom door. As the door opened, both Jona and I were crying in fear and trying to crawl back away from my father. Jonathan grabbed me tight in my right arm and went out of their apartment and to ours. It was a foggy view, but as we were leaving the bedroom, Jona was left crying in her mother's arms. As we entered our apartment, my father threw me at my mother, and not a second wasted, my mother shielded me from my father and yelled...

Jasmine: IF YOU HURT MY CHILD AND ME, I WOULD SUE THE CR*P OUT OF YOU. MAYBE THEN YOU'LL LIKE IT WHEN YOUR PRECIOUS LAND OR BUSINESS OF YOURS HAS A PERMANENT BAD REPUTATION.