Him (1)

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"And he: (and this was almost unbearable)

He saw me see him

And I saw him see me"

When I was younger I had always dreamt of my fairytale, you know the kind where prince charming would come swooping me up on his white horse and we would run away together.

I would be thankful that he saved me from the evil stepmother and her evil twin daughters and we would live happily ever after. But when I turned into a reasonable age I realized that no prince charming would come and save me from my evil stepmother or in my case, my actual mother.

After that realization, I stayed with the idea that no one would come and save me from my hell and so I just took to crying myself to sleep and smiling my way through high school,

at least I wasn't completely alone I had my two best friends: Evelyn and Violet, they know about Mom hitting me and they also know why, they say it's not my fault but I don't know Mom says otherwise.

After a while, you start to believe it when you constantly get told it's your fault.

My alarm clock goes off, I instantly shut it off already wide awake. I couldn't sleep once again. It happens almost every night.

I stare up at my ceiling getting lost, staring at the glow-in-the-dark star stickers that I put up there when I was 7, only because Josh was scared of the dark and he would always sneak into my room after having a bad dream.

I finally get up and walk into my closet and choose my outfit. Today is my first day of school, junior year.

I decided on something cute and simple, a white crop top with a plaid skirt and my cropped cardigan along with my white vans. I leave my hair down, it's only to the middle of my back, I put on some pink blush, mascara, and my favorite lipgloss. I look back into the mirror and look over my appearance. I don't wear too much makeup unless I have to cover up a bruise from Mom but she hasn't given me one where people can see.

Today will be good, today is a new day with new different outcomes.

I always tell myself little motivational sayings just to help me through the day, once I've given myself a smile in the mirror and feel satisfied with my look I open the door quietly and make sure not to make any noise that won't wake mom home, I grab my car keys from the table next to the front door and head out.

Once I'm out, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and quickly get in, starting up my car that my grandpa got me three years ago, I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift starts playing I squeal and sing along

Once upon a time

A few mistakes ago

I was in your sights