08

Song of chapter: Way Down We Go - KALEO

WARNING: mention/scenes involving sexual assault (there will be nothing explicit), blood/gore, foul language, violence, drug use, mentions of sex trafficking/prostitution. PLEASE read at your own risk!

now that we are getting closer to the end, i wanted to let you all know that there will be two more chapters and then there will be an epilogue. i promise that this will have a happy ending!

sasuke and sarada reunion will be coming soon, keep your eyes peeled for chapter 9!

feel free to like, comment or share this story with your friends, as any feedback would be much appreciated!

     Nakamotu Osamu was an interesting man.

     Having been lead to the throne room by a mere servant, Sasuke and Boruto currently stood before the Fang daimyō, who remained perched atop his royal seat, quietly sipping tea from a golden tenmoku cup. Even in his late seventies, the man seemed as lively as ever, not once showing any signs of indisposition or decline from old age. Based on Sasuke's research, Osamu has once led grand armies to victory and was known to be a tremendously powerful leader.

"Nakamotu-sama," Sasuke greeted formally, taking a bow as a way of denoting respect. Boruto copied his actions silently.

"Uchiha Sasuke," the daimyō returned plainly. "I received word from the Hokage early this morning regarding your arrival. However, there was nothing mentioned about him."

The feudal lord angled his head towards the young Uzumaki, beckoning him to introduce himself. Boruto's whiskered complexion flushed a vibrant vermillion, not expecting to be the sudden topic of interest. Clearing his throat, Boruto took another bow before uttering:

"My name is Uzumaki Boruto, son of Nanadaime Hokage, 'tebasa!"

Sasuke kicked his student's shin hard, sending him a fierce glare as he silently gesticulated him to address the feudal lord in a more formal and polite manner. Osamu cocked a gray eyebrow, unimpressed.

"I-I mean, my lord," Boruto corrected himself, bowing his head in mortification.

"And what brings the two of you to Fang country? Nanadaime-sama mentioned that this was a serious matter."

Serious was quite the understatement, but Sasuke didn't voice his thoughts aloud. Instead, he took the moment to delineate the series of travesties that had taken place, from Fujihara Isao's fatal assault, to Shiro blatantly terrorizing Sarada and eventually abducting her when Sasuke was at the brink of death. He didn't mention anything about Sakura, knowing that the reality of her loss withheld the propensity of him completely spiraling. Sasuke wasn't in a position to break, not when his child was still missing. However, he soon found that the sentiment no longer mattered when Osamu offered his condolences.

"I heard about your wife. I'm sorry for your loss. Uchiha Sakura was a formidable and brilliant kunoiche."

"Aa. Thank you," Sasuke uttered, swallowing the knot accumulating within the back of his throat. His voice was slightly strained, and if Boruto and Osamu noticed, they didn't mention it. The feudal lord inwardly decided to avoid any further conversation regarding the patriach's wife. To ease the tension, Osamu addressed the topic of most importance.