PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE: MY ASSIGNED PARTNER IS... HIM?!

Jake joining the music club heavily surprised people at first, especially because most of the members were rather unpopular. But from the events of the band competition, he managed to bond with all the members; he'd write songs with Hailey and even sing with her to them, joke around with Milly like siblings do, exchanging music recommendations with Sean, and give Luke song-writing advice. The only one mmeber he hasn't even befriended is Zander. He even managed to maintain the friendships between him, Drew, Liam and Henrry. Despite their previously tosic ways, they're at least trying to be better friends.

They do have their moments, but they're all short-lived. Zander doesn't want him out to of the club anymore, he does at least tolerate his presence but isn't interested in developing a close connection with him. Jake gets he may have his reasons, but that doesn't really stop him from trying to talk with him.

It was the end of History class. Ms. Jones was collecting all the submitted test papers before smiling widely. "Okay, class. Now that I have your attention, we'll be having a 3 day field trip! We'll be taking a trip to Tulip Park, an old rural area which is well known for its people being rather old fashioned. After the 3 day trip, all of you need to prepare an essay consisting of 5 paragraphs. This essay must include your introduction, observations about Tulip Park, personal experience staying there, and the conclusion." She explained to her students.

The class had divided reactions. Some were interested to stay in this area for 2 nights, especially because its a place most of the students have never been to however others were a bit concerned. "Staying at an old dusty place with old dusty people?! No way!" Zoey loudly cried from the back, with Lia nodding in agreement as she styles her hair with the guide of her phone camera's front mirror.

"Girls, this is apart of your final grade. I'll give you marks not just based off your paper, but also on your behavior you display when interacting with the locals and your partner." She paused for a moment. "Oh yes, I nearly forgot! Tulip park isn't that huge of a place, but since you students aren't too familiar with it then the school agreed about using this buddy system."

Groans and mumbled complaints were heard from the students. Buddy system? Was that even necessary for teenagers like them?

"Here are the letters with reply slips to your parents, if you don't return them before or on the day we leave then I cannot allow you to attend. I'll distribute these now, they also have the names of pairs printed out so just find yours!" Ms. Jones got up from her seat, then walked around the classroom to hand over the papers.

Zander got his from the person in front and sighed, he really didn't want to do this. But he had to do for his grades, he really did sacrifice quite some stuff just for those marks. He also hated how the partners were assigned, if he were to choose he would've chosen either Hailey or Luke since they're the ones he actually likes in the class. Maybe Sadie wasn't too bad of an option, however they weren't really close.

He folds open the paper and reads out the list of pairs, praying quietly to himself that he found someone who's a least tolerable and isn't too dumb. His lavender eyes scan around, but they soon widened when he saw his partners' name.

Jake Sterling, the same guy he despises. Great, he got assigned a partner who's annoying and is also a huge idiot. He grumbles to himself and buries his face in the desk, he was really not looking forward to this field trip...

THE FIELD TRIP (Jander)Word Count: 653

Word Count: 653

Date Started: February 9, 2023
Date Ended: