Prologue - spark of vengeance

It was a regular day in the village of Akrurstead, kids were out playing, people were working, praying, everything they normally would. But we're here to focus on one guy...he'd grown up in the village, yet had the heart of an adventurer.

Like many in the village, his family (him and his parents) worshipped the old faith. For some time he had heard rumors...that people were being slaughtered because of some prophecy. He didn't believe it was true- he couldn't.

As he was drawing in his room, he could hear the yells of other villagers outside...and his parents running inside. He dreaded this...yet he knew he had to run...otherwise, none of them would survive...as he grabbed some of his things, he heard the villagers break in, and his parents screaming. He knew it was too late for them...and cried as he jumped out of his window and ran.

He kept running, and running...only looking back once, seeing his old house being set ablaze...he had nowhere left. So once again, he continued to run, and run, and run....and he kept running until he could not. This repeated for many days until he found shelter...an abandoned temple...of a cult long since forgotten.

Going inside, all he could see was broken walls, bones, weapons...barely any bones...clearly, nobody had been here...not for many years. Continuing through the temple, he found ONE full skeleton...with a crown atop it's head...blackened by the crown trying to keep it's vessel alive...or at least from rotting. Still Jakovis knew they had died long ago...likely with everyone else in the temple.

He got an idea...he believed he could sell the crown, or even turn it in to the old faith so that his life may be spared...so he went up to the skeleton, and reached for the crown...but all he heard was his own voice calling back to him, telling him to put it on. So he did...