That's Not a Bird

(Important A/N!)
These characters are really small! To get somebody's rough height, take their irl height, subtract three feet, then make it inches.
Ex: Tommy is 6'2"; subtract three feet: 3'2"; make it inches: 3.2"
Make sense?
Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

"Wil!" Tommy shouted after his older brother as he mounted his bird, a sleek common sparrow named Friend, to go out for food collection with some of the others, Niki and Quackity.

Wilbur pulled the reins on his sparrow to stop it from taking off and looked down at his younger brother, a mildly exasperated expression crossing his face at being interrupted from his duty, though he did his best to push it off. "What, Tommy?" He'd had all the time in the world to ask a question, why now did he feel the need to say something?

"When will I get a bird of my own?" Tommy asked, getting a sigh from Wilbur. He'd asked this question multiple times over the past month.

Almost everybody else had their own birds except for him, Tubbo, and Ranboo. Phil kept saying they would get one soon, but he'd been saying that for almost a year at this point and he was tired of hearing it. He wanted a bird! A big one, like Phil's crow! He wanted to help out the village and get food and scare off intruders like squirrels! He couldn't do that without a bird of his own.

"Go ask Phil," Wilbur simply stated, the same answer he always had, before gesturing to Niki and Quackity and preparing to take off.

"But Phil always tells me...!" Tommy started, cut off by the three of them flying off, the wind from the bird wings almost pushing him back. The same fucking thing, he finished internally with a sigh as he watched the trio get smaller in the sky.

He had asked Phil. Multiple times. And every single time Phil replied with something along the lines of 'you'll get one soon'. He didn't want one soon, he wanted one now! He would've tried to tame his own a long time ago, but everybody refused to teach him anything about it until the time came for that exact reason.

Tubbo also tried it once, just as fed up with the whole 'soon' garbage as Tommy was, but that ended with a mouthful of dirt, a sprained wrist, and a blue jay that no longer wanted anything to do with their village, which was honestly the most upsetting part of the whole ordeal, considering it had been in the process of being trained for a rider that was much more experienced than Tubbo was. He had been put on bird cleanup for the next month after that, which was definitely something Tommy was not interested in doing.

So Tommy held back from doing anything stupid for the time being, despite all the times he'd simply been laying down and watching the birds fly overhead, dreaming of which one he would want and what it would be like to fly all the way up there. To be up in the treetops.

When he got a bird, he would name it Clementine, after a fruit that Techno and Phil had once brought back after a long expedition. It had been insanely sweet and was to this day one of Tommy's favorite sweets he'd ever had. Every couple of months clementines are brought back by a long-distance retrieval crew, and Tommy would always take as much as he could and dry it, so it lasted longer.

When he got a bird, he would feed it his clementine treats. It would be the only other creature that could have some of his clementine treats; nobody else deserved that kind of kindness from him. Unless they were Tubbo. Tubbo could always have his clementine treats. And especially not Ranboo. Ranboo would absolutely never deserve any of his clementine treats. Ranboo was a wrongun in every sense of the word.

Ranboo had already started their bird training, but they were too good of a person to share it with Tommy or Tubbo, even when he tried to bribe them with clementine treats. Yet another reason why Ranboo was an annoying wrongun.