❦︎ Rae, Stop It. Lets Go ❦︎

RAENI

RAENI

I swung my legs back and forth while sitting on the counter top, talking to Stef about everything Monda told me. I had ice cream in a cup, in my hand.

"And she told me about Yusef and how many baby mommy's he has. It's insane how she knows the ins and outs of the place." I scooped a piece of ice cream and ate it.

"Yeah, she's basically the workshop mom. Everyone goes to her whenever they have problems." He closes a pot and wiped his hands on the towel in his apron.

The door handle jingled rather aggressively and I flinched really bad at the sound. I looked back with a panic.

"Dom." Stefano sighed and a tall man appeared from the other side of the door. He smiled at me before he frowned once again at the door.

"Sorry for any startle. The door is fighting with my key again." He jingled once again and I winced the loud bang. 'Dom' must've noticed the small reactions I had.

He stopped fighting with the door and mumbled sorry to me. Or so I thought. I turned around and saw Stefano glaring at Dom. I touched his shoulder, telling him it was okay. His gaze softened as soon as my hand touched his shoulder.

He sighed, closing his eyes and I turned to look back at Dom.

"Hello, I'm Raeni. You can call me Rae." I smiled sweetly at him and he smirked.

"I know who you are, darling. I'm the doctor who helped you."

"Well then, I owe you a great big thank you." I was truly grateful for him. Everything he did that night. I barely feel pain in my abdomen.

"Does it involve a kiss?"

"No." Stefano immediately replied to my stead.

I was going to say no but it's funny that he knew what I was going to say. I giggled at Dom, who rolled his eyes at Stefano. Dom came into the kitchen and held his hand out.

"I'm Domenico. You can call me Dom." He winked at me and I remember my cheeks filling with red. I never expected him to be such a flirt.

He extended a hand under my chin and lifted it so he could examine my face.

"Any pain?" He asked, gently touching the bruises on my face. I shook my head no and he nodded his head.

"Before you kiss her in the kitchen, I'm going to need you to leave." Stefano slightly pushes Domenico out of the way. He helps me down from the counter.