11. Phobia

.

.

.

   "KEVIN!"

Rose did not know how long it had been since she last took his name, nor did she care at that horrific moment.

"Please stop it."

"Leave me alone. Please. Please!" She shouted. She was trying her best to free her hand from his strong grip.

In the dimly lit hallway of their mansion, Kevin's grip on Rosalia's arm tightened as he forcefully dragged her towards the basement door. Rosalia's protests fell on deaf ears as she struggled against his iron grasp, her voice pleading for his mercy.

"Kevin, please, let me go!" she cried, her words tinged with desperation. Even though she did not know what was Kevin up to but the basement area is the particular place which Rosalia really detests in this mansion. His vile intentions have already done the worst to her. His anger-written aura was enough for Rosalia to assume her near future.

"I didn't do anything wrong! Please, listen to me!"

But Kevin's expression remained impassive, his eyes cold and unyielding as he reached the basement door. Without a word, he unlocked it and shoved Rosalia inside, ignoring her cries of anguish.

The sound of the door slamming shut echoed through the empty basement, leaving Rosalia alone in the darkness. The last and only time when Rosalia was inside this hell, she witnessed someone's torture and pain, it was so damn dreadful that she lost her senses. Something similar might happen to her she assumed but it was scarily empty. No one's inside. Not even his men. Is he going to torment me here she perplexed. Rose pounded on the heavy door with all her strength, her fists bruising with each futile attempt to escape.

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she again felt the weight of Kevin's rage crushing her spirit. In that moment, she realized that she was truly alone not even God could help her, imprisoned by the one person she thought she could deal with being obedient. But hope is a forbidden thing for someone ill-fated.

In the dimly lit basement room, Rosalia stood trembling, her eyes wide with fear as she surveyed the blood-stained floor. Her heart pounded in her chest, a mixture of panic and dread coursing through her veins. She clutched the walls for support, her breaths coming in shallow gasps. She just realised that she was barefoot. The cold floor touching her feet left her frightened, probably there was blood staining her feet also.

"Kevin, please," she pleaded, her voice quivering. At that moment, Rose realized that no amount of persuasion would convince him that she had not accomplished it on her own. She could not grasp how it had happened. On the day she was struggling to obtain some pills to improve her condition, she could not find any solution. But when she finally gave in, things changed unexpectedly. Her prayers were answered in a twisted way, Rose could not understand did someone try to help her out or frame her!

"Let me out. I'll do anything you want. please, let me out." She pleaded in vain.

But Kevin's face remained hardened, his eyes cold and unforgiving. He paced back and forth in front of the locked door, his fists clenched at his sides. Kevin could read her happiness through her eyes whenever those morning test kits gave a negative result.

"You disobeyed me, Rosalia," he said, his voice low and menacing. "You took those pills behind my back, defying my wishes. You need to learn your lesson." He declared. This girl has some balls to do this even after all these. A few months of freedom has spoiled her to another level. Kevin hates lies through his veins. He made a promise to himself to never lay a finger on his wife, he locked her up to keep her out of his eyesight for a while, he is raging through his bones and he will make her suffer too.