Chapter One

* Writing since I am a student I barely have time. So I need to write off my thoughts. Hope you enjoy and comment, Thanks*

"Mom, can you get the door I think that's Brinley," I shout opening the shower curtains. Brinley, my best friend since forever has convinced me to go out with her tonight since in exactly five hours it will be my seventeenth birthday. It's crazy I'm going to be seventeen years old, one more year and I can move out if I want, which I'm not, but its still a thought.

A loud bang from the bathroom door startles me, "hurry up in there, we have to get dress." Brinley yells making me laugh choking on soapsuds from my shampoo.

After all the soap is gone I wrap a towel around myself and go down the hall to my bedroom. Brinley's lying down on her back with a magazine in her hand over her head. "Hey to you too punk," I say walking by her to my closet.

She tosses the magazine to the side flipping on her stomach, "took you long enough," she tease.

"Well if you got here when you said you would."

"Hey, my dad was being a prick," she says throwing my pillow at me. "Could you believe he didn't want me to leave the house with what I have on?" I turned around as she stood up.

She's dressed in black tights, killer leather boats with a see through black shirt and a white push up bra underneath. Yeah, my dad would never let me walk out the house with that outfit, but Brinley looks sexy and strong. That's just who she is. I don't say anything as I shake my head returning to what I was doing. Moving my clothes around I spot a yellow sleeveless silk shirt, which I haven't worn.

"Oh, yes that would look amazing on you," Brinley voices her opinion from behind me.

Removing it from the hanger I slip it over my head then grab a pair of black skinny jeans to pair it with. Looking down at black polish toes I'll just wear sandals. "Come over here so I can do your hair," Brinley suggests patting the chair in front of my bureau. With a huff I move closer to her until I sit down. "Well don't look so happy," she says sarcastically that I can't help but to giggle. "That's better."

Thirty minutes later and Brinley finally lets me look in the mirror. My raven black hair is loose around my shoulder in large ringlets with a cute little butterfly clip. I move in closer to the mirror, the clip is shiny filled with amethyst stones at the end of the antenna and along the body. The wings are gold filled with small diamonds outlining the corners. It's the same clip I saw at the jewelry store one day when we went to the mall together. Immediately my hand flies to the clip, then to Brinley.

"What is this?"

She just smiles reaching for my shoulder, "it's a birthday present."

"I cant accept this, it's too much," I tell her shaking my head remembering the obscene amount of money the jeweler wanted.

She just looks at me with her honey brown eyes, rosy cheeks still smiling and blond hair over her right shoulder. "You're my best friend and you deserve the best."

I lean in pulling her into a hug. Her fragrance of lilacs fills my nose, "you're the bestest friend ever. I love you," I tell her with all honesty tears pooling in my eyes.

"Hey no crying or you'll mess up my makeup," she says playing around handing me a tissue.

I look back at the mirror to my clip, "I love it."

"And it pairs with your outfit perfectly."

A knock to my door breaks up our sentimental moment, "come in."