The Paradox of Time Travel

My name is Henry Jones and I was born in the year 2051. I had a mostly average childhood. I was close with my parents in the way that any child would be. However, I was a lot closer with my grandfather, my mother's father, Andrew. Andrew and I just seemed to click, even though he was 55 years older than I was. I also got on well with his best friend, who just so happened to also be called Henry, not only that, he was also called Henry Jones. You see, when my mother first met my father, Michael, she joked about how Michael had the same last name as her father's friend Henry. She then jokingly came up with the idea that if she had a son, and named him after Henry, her son would end up being named after Henry in both first name and last. She later decided to stick with this idea when she found out she was pregnant with me. So, I was named after Henry in both first name and last. It was a bit weird having someone with the same name as me. Most people meet people with the same first or last name as them but never both. Henry and I seemed to like the same things and acted very similarly. I didn't think anything strange of it at the time though.

When I was around 6 years old, my mother, my grandfather and Henry went into my father's home office and closed the door. They knew I was curiously looking to see what was going on, but they didn't put the blinds down. So, as the windows were made of glass, I couldn't hear what was going on, but I could attempt to make some sense of it with my young brain. I didn't figure out what was going on exactly, but after that day, my father was obsessed... with time travel. My father spent the next 3 years perfecting time travel. He had help from my grandfather and Henry though. I honestly think they did most of the work, Henry in particular. The weird thing about it though is Henry made sure that I saw everything they did, and remembered how to do every step. I did find it odd that I needed to understand exactly how to make something that was already being made, but I just went with it. Henry would often quiz me and make sure that I knew everything, and I always did.

3 years after starting to explore time travel, my father perfected it. However, there was a maximum time of 27.5 years in either direction that you could travel in. He tested it by going back in time 24 hours.

"If it works, I'll go to a hotel and stay there the whole time to ensure I don't change the outcome of the last 24 hours," my father said.
He stood in position and while I was calibrating the machine, we heard a knock at the door.

"Don't answer it, not until I'm gone," he said.

So, I calibrated the machine, I may have been 9 but I knew this machine like the back of my hand. Then, with a flash of light, he was gone. I then went to answer the door, and in walked my dad. He knew it would've been him at the door and didn't want to risk a paradox, well except for hearing his future self knocking at the door.

"Worked like a charm, I arrived 24 hours in the past in this exact room while the us of that time were out shopping. I made sure I went back to a point I knew we'd be out of the house to avoid running into my previous self or any of you," he said.

"Dad, you did it, you invented time travel," I said.

"Give yourself some credit, son. You two as well," My father said whilst looking at my grandfather and Henry. "I couldn't have done it without you."