Chapter 9

I suspected it was mid day when I woke. No one had bothered to wake me and I was grateful for it. I rolled out of bed, showered and changed. Nothing in my wardrobe but my mothers dresses screamed these clothes belonged to a Queen. But I didn't care. Looking the part was not on my list of things to do. I reached for a pair of trousers and a white shirt. Hoping to get some training done today with both Yetta and Callahan I needed something comfy. I opened my bedroom door and almost jumped out of my skin. Yetta stood before me, a tray of food in hand.

"Is all of this for me?" I asked lifting one lid off a dish that smelled divine.

"It's for you....and Nuri" she said.

I peered up at her and placed the lid back down.

"I've lost my appetite."

"Nuri is your younger sister. And you're also her Queen. Be the bigger person." Yetta shoved the tray into my arms and walked away before I could protest. My guard Andrias chuckled. He quickly straightened his face when I death glared him and headed towards Nuris room. Both Ivan and Andrias followed quietly behind me. I knocked on the door before entering.

"Nuri?" I called. A grunt coming from under the covers replied.

"I brought food." I stood over her bed. She grunted again so I placed the tray on her bedside table and sat next to her. She whipped the covers over her head.

"Oh my god." I said aloud. Her hair was a nest upon her head, I could barely make out her features. She moved strands out of her eyes and glared at me.

"How bad is it?" She asked.

"I'm certain I've seen you in one of my nightmares."

Nuri whacked me with the nearest pillow and we both giggled.

"I'm sorry." I blurted. "Really Nuri, I am sorry. I shouldn't of slapped you. I know I should of been there for you after everything that has happened but honestly, I just didn't know how. I was a mess, I still am a mess, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing."

"Im sorry too. I didn't mean what I said. I just drank too much. I just wanted to forget for a little while." She said.

"I know the feeling." We both smiled. "Maybe we can both be a mess together?"

Nuri nodded and I squeezed her hand.
"I'm going to need to you to help me through this whole queen thing. I don't know how to navigate court life like you do."

"Well for starters you have got to do something about the way you dress." She looked at my clothes disgustingly.

"What? What's wrong with the way I dress?" I asked.

"You're a Queen now. And you're dressing like your about to do a shift in the stables."
Nuri reached for the glass of water on the tray. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to train with Yetta and Callahan I can't wear a dress." I stated

"Hmm" she gulped down water right as I heard the bathroom door open.
I twisted to face a handsome disheveled male stood awkwardly gawking at me. He bowed deep "My Queen." I bit my lip holding in a laugh and refused to look at my sister. I forget my sister is a full grown adult sometimes. I could hear her still gulping down water besides me.

"Thank you for last night." He stuttered to my sister. "I'll just be going now" my sister just waved him off. He bowed again before hastily leaving the room, almost tripping on his own feet on his way out.

I turned back to her. "I don't even want to know." I declared. "I don't need to give you the sex talk do I?"

"God no. Mother beat you too it years ago." She said reaching for a handful of grapes.