against all odds

"Mom I'm heading to school"

"Ok don't for get you have to walk home with Taylor"

"What! No way I have soccer after school"

"Ok I will pick her up don't forget your soccer cleats"

"I won't".

I walk into class seeing a new guy sitting in my seat I walk over "dude that's my-" he turns and his eyes make me stair he's..."sorry is this your seat?" "Oh um no" what the hell just happened.

Class starts and my friend Carson plants a seat next to me "hey bro why is that guy sitting in your seat?" "It's not my seat i don't see my name any where on it"

"What's gotten into you" he gives me a confused look and I ignore it.

"Hello class we have a new student his name is andrej, I need someone to help him around school for a few days" I quickly stand "I will do it!" Every one looks at me, that wasn't the smartest thing "ok Sam I need you to go sit by andrej Hannah you can go sit next to Carson" I get my stuff and walk over and sit next to him noticing a bruise on his arm.

"Ok Sam I will let you help andrej every one els find a partner to work on the project with"

"Come on mrs.jones does Sam have to work with the new guy?!" "Carson why don't you work with Hannah?" He looks over at her and smiles "wanna work together?" "Ok"

It's finally the end of the day, soccer time. I jog out on the field seeing Carson warming up I run over to him "what's up" "the sky" "remind me never to ask u that again,what happened to you in class you were acting weird" "I don't know what you talking about, come on coach is calling us" we run over "I need you to,to stop talking and start with your warm ups!" "Ok coach" for the next hour we practice and do drills after soccer I'm the last one on the filed while every one heads to the locker room. After doing a few more kicks I head up to the entrance but stopping when I hear a moan and yelping of a familiar voice saying stop. I rush over to the side of the school seeing John and his jock friends hitting andrej

"What the hell are you guys doing?!"

"He pissed us off just mind your own business yeah?!"

"No!" I walk in front of andrej "don't touch him" I see Carson at the corner of my eye with to of my other friends "what the hells going on over hear?!" They walk over Carson's hands now in fist "what the hell happened to you!" He looks at John and his friends "fuck off"

They look at each other then walk away. I turn looking back at him with blood coming out of his nose and a busted lip "are you ok?" He nods a little "oh my god andrej are you ok!?" We look back and see Hannah she rushes over helps him up.

"What did you guys do to him!" "No Hannah they were just helping me" he looks at me are eyes locked on each other. "Come on let's go SAM your mom will hit a double take if your not home by 6:00 "thank you guys so much for helping" I node and jog off with Carson