𝟻𝟺 | 𝙷𝚎'𝚜 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

The holding cell had been the best place for Skye and Hazel. They could control the locking of the doors, and no windows in sight that people could spy through. Both girls took turns so they wouldn't know each other suspect's.

"So, your partner will only be given the name and profile of the suspect when you both are within a mile. If anything goes wrong, we'll be able to see it and fix it," Hazel explained as she handed Garrett the phone.

"You know, we haven't officially met," Garrett mentioned, offering his hand out for the blonde with a smile. "John Garrett."

Hazel smiled and shook his hand politely. "I suppose being on the brink of death doesn't count, huh?"

At her words, the agent laughed, looking down at her before asking. "How are you feeling? How's the leg?"

"Good, I'm good. It's been a little nerve-racking to put weight on it, but I have been doing great," Hazel assured a small smile on her face.

"Been shot a couple of times myself, back, shoulder had my throat cut once. But you know the toughest one?" Garrett asked, leaning forward and pulling down his turtle to show his scar.

The scar makes Hazel grimace, leaning back at the gruesome way the skin is healed. The blonde did not want to see it. She didn't want to be rude.

"Thing about a third-degree burn. . ." The agent started as she pulled his turtle neck back up. "The burn itself doesn't hurt at all. Crazy, right? The nerve endings get all fried. But the area around the burn?" He hisses slightly. "That smarts. Still, gut shots are the worst."

In an attempt to change the topic, Hazel straighten up. "Sir, I heard what you did for us, risking your life. I just wanted to say thank you."

"You've both got a good team around you. I just jumped on the bandwagon," The agent said with a smile.

There was something about the man that made Hazel uneasy. The blonde couldn't pinpoint it, but since she had woken up, something about the agent did not sit right with her.

"Guess it all comes full circle. Ward's your S.O. I was his. Turn, turn, turn. But this S.O. thing goes both ways. You've had an impact on him. He's different than when I last saw him," Garrett mentioned, noticing the confusion shine in the blonde's eyes.

"Different?" Hazel questioned ideas of what he could say going through her head.

"Well, the thought thing about being a specialist is being alone. A team gives you a whole new perspective. Guess it's the difference between fighting against something and fighting for something," Garrett explains, looking at Hazel up and down. "Or someone."