You Changed Me

A.N: Hey guys..wag po kayo magugulat kung may mga bible verse kayong makikita jan..Project kasi talaga namin ito sa isang subject..naisipan ko lang ipost para di naman sayang ang effort ko diba...

Hope you like it guys...

________________

You Changed Me

My life is a complete mess, until I found him. Actually he found me. He made me realize things and appreciate the beauty in life that I didn’t see. It felt like my whole life had been a long preamble of what is to come. Who would have thought that a guy like him, a guy so opposite to me, could have a big impact in my life. He changed me, and I’m glad he did.

I still remembered how it all started. I was 18 years old back then. I am on my third year here in St. John College.

I was sitting under the shade of the tree in the back part of our school. It was just another typical Wednesday afternoon and my afternoon class already started. My friends and I decided to cut classes. They asked me to join them in their bar hopping but I wanted to be alone, alone and free from stress and life’s drama. So I went here, to this place I called Sam’s secret place.

Whenever I wanted to relax and hide from the problems of the world, this is the place where I go. And as of the moment, I just want to free my mind from all the problems I have. But the more I try to forget about them, the more they trouble me. I wanted to express my feelings and shout my heart out, but decided against it. After all, I’m not that kind of person who is expressive. So I decided to just write my dilemmas in a sheet of paper. This way, I was able express what I feel and share my problems even though no one will know it. Sometimes it’s just nice to breath out your feelings. The failing grades and how there’s no hope to pass, family problems and other more.

After writing those things in the sheet of paper I decided to take a nap. When I woke up it was already dark. I immediately got up and went home.

The next day, I attended my class but my mind is somewhere else not paying any attention to the discussion. Then our professor announces a quiz. As usual, I failed my exam. Well what do you expect from a person whose mind is busy flying around? So before the class was dismissed, our professor asked me and my seatmate Mark to stay after the class.

After the last student exited the classroom aside from us, our professor talked to me about my failing grades and that if I continue to absent and fail my quizzes, he will have no choice but to completely fail me in the subject. But being a good and kind teacher that he is, he gave me a chance to pass and asked Mark to tutor me. We were dismissed after that.

            As I was about to exit the classroom, Mark approached me.

“Hey Samantha , when would you like me to start to tutor you?”-Mark

“I appreciate the help Mark but I can handle myself. You don’t have to waste your time in me.”

“I will not waste time with you, I would be helping you to pass the subject.”-Mark

“What will you get from tutoring me? None right? So don’t bother yourself anymore.”

“Yes I will get nothing in return but, just like the bible says, Acts 20:35 to be exact, “In every way I have shown you that by work of that sort we must help the weak, and keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus who himself said, it is more blessed to give than to receive” so I want to help you.”-Mark

“Yeah whatever Mark, I’ll be going now.”

You see, unlike me, Mark is a very religious and kind- hearted man. It’s not much of a surprise because he’s the son of our church’s pastor. He is also witty, responsible and good looking but, he doesn’t have a lot of friends even though he is friendly because most of our classmates think that he is weird. Maybe it’s because he’s too kind for a man at our age. While in my case, I was not that religious person, you already know that I have failing grades, known as a fight-starter or in other words, I was a pain in the back. But it doesn’t mean that I am ugly or something. Actually I’m quite a head-turner.