II.

"ich müsste lügen wenn ich sagen würde; ich habe dich nie geliebt."

(i would lie, if i would say; i've never loved you.)

He just wanted to forget. It was one of these nights where he just felt lonely. That's why he called his friends to go out. He couldn't bare the emptiness in his chest anymore. Going out, drinking and spending time with his friends would distract him. He wished for his feelings to be numb in a couple of hours.

It was almost a year ago. A year ago when he got betrayed by the person he thought, would never betray or leave him. The first and probably last person he ever loved.

But still, after all this time he's still hurting. He would've never thought that a heartbreak could break him into pieces like that. Because normally Kai was very good with just forgetting and forgiving. But not this time, not after what happened.

At the time they arrived at the club he swore, he would not allow himself thinking about him tonight. he wanted to have a good time with his friends, wanted to feel the warmth of the alcohol and just have fun.

They got their first round of drinks and Kai was indeed having fun. He knew he needed a few drinks more but gladly their friends decided it was time for shots. A great way to get drunk more quickly.

After 4 shots for everyone they decided to take over the dance floor. He felt the alcohol warming his chest. His vision got a little blurry and he found himself talking nonsense with his friends. The dancing felt great, even tho he wouldn't describe himself as a great dancer. But that didn't matter.

After a while on the dance floor, he decided to get more drinks for himself and his friends. He pulled one of his friends over to come with him, because he wasn't able to carry all the drinks on his own and made his way to the bar.

While they were waiting his eyes wandered through the club. He saw People dancing, sweating, kissing and laughing. It was a good night.

His eyes stopped when he saw who just came through the door.

He was wearing white Nike Air Force, a black jeans and a white button down. His arms were adorned with wristbands. On his hands, a few rings and of course the two necklaces around his neck, he always wears.

His blonde hair was up, his blue eyes beaming. The smile on his face brought out his dimples and for a few seconds Kai was not so drunk anymore. He was almost sobered up.

Seeing Julian after so much time shouldn't take him out like that. But it did. He couldn't lie to himself, telling he was feeling nothing. Because in this moment he felt a lot of things. A lot of feelings, he shouldn't feel, that he aren't allowed to feel.

His Ex was now also scanning the room. His hands fumbling on the sleeves on his shirt like he always did when he was a little bit nervous.

After what seemed like an eternity for Kai, Julian's eyes stopped at him. Shit.

He didn't know what to feel, because he felt everything at once.

He felt anger, wanted to punch him. But at the same time he wanted to run into his arms and kiss him. He wanted to scream at him, just why. Asking him a million questions. He felt the sadness kicking in. Now he just wanted to leave. Out of his eyesight, because he couldn't just stand there any longer, getting overwhelmed by his feelings.