{5} Broken Mirror | Part 2

Cheryl's car had a GPS tracker on it and Hotch and Morgan were waiting in a car in case anything went wrong.

Cheryl was sent with the money. It turned out it was not for the ransom money. The UnSub wanted it to be a second kidnapping. Luckily, Hotch and Morgan jumped out of the car and warned Cheryl making the UnSub drive away.

"Cheryl's okay." Morgan said as they entered the front door. Sophia sat beside Reid who had his headphone on ready to listen to the UnSub clearly.

The phone rung straight away.

"That was fun, wasn't it? A little running around, getting our pulses racing? Are you there, Cheryl?"

Morgan put a hand out in front of Cheryl telling her not speak.

"Are you there? Tell me you didn't feel a slight tingle, a thrill run up your spine? Huh? But those clever and cunning FBI agents deduced my plan just in time. They figured it out. If they hadn't I would have had both of you. The whole set. The matching pair."

"Why are you doing this?" Cheryl asked.

"Because you asked me to, Cheryl. You asked me with your glances. The way you talk, those little gestures."

Reid realised that the UnSub was obsessed with Cheryl. He got off on listening to her voice.

Spencer mouthed mute it to Morgan who lunged over and put the phone on mute.

"Do not answer this man." Morgan tells Cheryl.

"You asked for this. You asked for it, Cheryl."

Cheryl ignored Morgan running to unmute the phone "WHAT DO YOU WANT!"

"What do I want! You? It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow, but I promise you. We will be together." The UnSub shouted back.

The line disconnects.

—————————

The UnSub was in love with Cheryl and Patricia. He convinced himself that they were in love with him.

The phone rings and everyone stands around in the living room. Gideon signalling not to answer it.

After about five rings, Gideon accepts the call then he hangs up.

"What are you doing?" Evan Davenport asked.

Gideon ignored him as the phone ran again. He let it ring, then accepted.

"Hello." Gideon spoke leaning against the table.

Cheryl stood beside Sophia she had a worried look on her face. Sophia trusted Gideon.

"Tell me there was a technical issue with the line, because if you actually just hung up on..."

Gideon ended the call again.

"What the hell are you doing?" Evan asked as the phone called again.

"Are you gonna answer it?" Cheryl asked as Gideon stared at the machine.

Cheryl stood forward going to press the button. Sophia held her arm pulling her back "Cheryl!"