Prologue

The moon shines over the empty streets, glinting off cold steel guns. Silence covers a place normally filled with screams and terror. The tang of blood catches the ocean-scented air as I throw my knife, the force pushing it through the heavy air. It sinks into a muscular chest with a thump. His body drops to the ground with a garbled cry. I turn to leave, sliding my knife across the throat of the last man standing. His curses barely sputter through the blood coating them. "There are more... of us."

I smile, my gaze watching his life drain away. "I know, and I'll find them. All of them."

A breeze creates ripples in the pool of blood surrounding him as the last of his blood sprays a fountain from his now open neck.

Now, there are no screams left to be heard. This area, at least, is clean of pain. Those who needed help received it and those who required justice saw it. Their lives taken for the better. Dangerous people, monsters disposed of.

I pull out my phone and click the CIA clean-up contact. The CIA has many numbers in our company phones. Though, this must be the most frequently used number. A deep voice picks up the other end. "Yes?"

"I need a cleanup crew."

"Name?" His voice is firm, tense as he barks out the order.

"Bianca.

The shuffling of paper echoes through the phone for a moment before his voice returns.

"Your address?"

I recite it as I glare down at the mess.

"Got it."

"It's quite a mess."

"Someone will take care of it," the voice says, now strained through the line.

I hang up, no thanks necessary. This is what the Order pays them for. I wipe the blood from my face and stalk away, leaving the mass of bodies lying where they are. Blood splatters cover the area and chunks of flesh litter the tarmac around the bodies.

Bathed in sunlight, I look young and innocent, weak. Looks are deceiving and they made me a master. Under the cover of darkness, cloaked in shadow, I become the weapon they made me. With blood splattering my boots and coating my hair, fear me. I work for the Order.