Prologue

[88/730][791,452,544 TA]

The Badlands of Gaiza, an enormous region notorious for its perpetual daylight and scorching heat. In this part of the world, the sun is up for all 48 sets (equivalent to hours) of the day. And with temperatures ranging from 120-180 degrees Fahrenheit, it was not a very hospitable place to live.

The heat wasn't the worst or even the most deadly part of the region, that went to the immense amount of magic energy radiating there. Any Mortal would quickly succumb to severe external mana poisoning if they were there for longer than two hours. Only Hybrids and Spirits could survive in such conditions, though hybrids could still suffer from mana poisoning if their magic power (*mp*) was too low for the area.

But that wasn't the case for one idividual. A high sapien with black hair and blue eyes who called himself Arcius. Normally, sapiens were Mortals, but Arcius had evolved into a Vrinnic, in other words a Sapien Hybrid.

On the outside there wasn't much difference between Hybrids & Mortals, but that wasn't the case on the inside. Hybrids were far more durable, possessed multiple natural abilities like self-regeneration, had their own internal magic power, and didn't need to eat, sleep, or even breathe. And those weren't simple additions to the fact that Hybrids were also Eternal (Immortal), in that they stopped aging when they matured at three tairra years old and lived until they were killed or die by some other means.

What a allowed a Hybrid to survive in this region was their internal Magic Power, and luckily enough Arcius had a pretty decent amount of it. And it would come in handy quite often as Arcius harvested his Floudels every four periods (weeks).

See, Arcius was a Floudel Farmer, in fact he was the world of Tairra's only Floudel Farmer. And the day of harvest came as quickly as ever. Arcius always picked out the best and most ripe floudel seeds, since he only sold to one produce shop of which the owner was a close friend.

"Enhance Special: Dark Material Compression." (*Negative Material Compression: Compresses negative material energy such as Dark Matter into a more compact form without causing damage to the material.*)

Normally, his crate would only hold 15-20 floudel seeds, but with a little bit of enhancement magic he could fit 30-40 seeds no problem.

After packing the seeds into the crate, Arcius left the field, heading towards the nearby lake.

"Sha Sha!"

Approaching him came a 12 foot tall wingless dragon, commonly known as a Drake. She was built like a tank and had thick scale plate-like armor covering her entire body. She sported powerful horns and a long tail with an anchor-like ram at the end, a truly devastating creature, one not to be underestimated.

Sha Sha closed her eyes as Arcius rubbed her headplate.

"Hello Princess."

He was like her father, raising her from when she was only just a youngling five revolutions (years) ago. And over the years their bond had become so strong that it developed a mental link between them, allowing for the possibility of comprehensible communication. To outsiders though, it appears as if Arcius is having one sided conversations with a dragon.

"Alright, let's go Sha Sha."

As they prepared to leave, four younger drakes approached them. These were Sha Sha's younglings, though their size and strength would have you think otherwise.

Arcius then hopped into Sha Sha's carrier and they set out south into the Badlands, towards the Fairy Kingdom of Ricodia in the Great Forest of Shi'Dae.