Chapter 9

Dazai leaned against his seat and crossed his arms.

"It seems that he hasn't given up yet... it's been four years. What did Akutagawa-kun do this time?"

"He... He killed some of our men."

"You met him, did you?"

"Yes. I warned him not to do anything."

"Oh... you should've let him be, Gin."

"Yes?" Gin looked so surprised.

"Whether he kills the men or destroys things, let him be. It's not yet the right time." He said, tapping on his table. Gin swallowed as she bowed.

"Yes, boss."

"What about the thing I asked you to deliver to the detectives?"

"I've done it, boss..."

"Hmmm... that means, Atsushi must be on his way. Alright, you may go." Gin bowed and left.

Just then, they heard the door open.

"Impolite as always... Chuya." Dazai said, staring at the man who had a frown as he walked towards him.

"Boss." He removed his hat and kneeled before the desk of Dazai.

"I'm done with the mission. Just as you wanted." Chuya frowned, levitating, sitting on the armrest of Dazai's chair.

"Good job, I guess." He said with no emotions whatsoever.

Shortly, they heard a knock.

"Here he is..." Dazai smiled as he told the person to come in.

"You called, boss?"

"You're fast, Atsushi-kun." He smiled.

"Lower your head, raid captain. Show some respect to the boss." Chuya sneered at Atsushi.

"I apologize, sir." Atsushi knelt and bowed to Dazai who still had that soft smile.

"It's fine, Chuya. Well done, Atsushi. I'm glad to welcome you back here." Dazai said.

"Thank you very much, Dazai-san."

"What?! Call him boss, apprentice!!! Do you want me to kill you?!" Chuya shouted.

Chuya exerted his gravity, forcing Atsushi down even further. The ground broke.

"Now, now, Chuya... why does it matter? I'd like to speak with Atsushi in private, leave us alone first."

"The hell are you talking about?!!! He's not even a leader, or a secretary, just one of the rank and file! Just meeting with him is a special case to end all special cases!!!" Chuya exclaimed.

"Why is that? I can trust Atsushi-kun." Dazai pouted and eyes wide open, speaking like a clueless toddler.

"Trust isn't the issue!!!" Chuya started enumerating some of the possibilities of Atsushi being manipulated into bringing bombs to kill Dazai.

"If you know what happened before, you know I can't permit you to be alone with him!"

Dazai spoke with a slight smile.

"Permit me?" He went on to stare at Chuya.

"I didn't ask for permission, Chuya. You are one of the leaders and I am the boss. And in the mafia, orders are absolute. How many times do I have to repeat that?" He placed his index finger on Chuya's lips with a smile.

"You need to respect the chain of command here." He calmly stated. Chuya gritted his teeth as he snarled at Dazai, backing away.

"Oh, do I now?!" He stepped down and walked away.