Chapter 1

Hey, how are you feeling? Hangover? - I was startled by his words, not expecting him there.

- Not really, I barely had anything to drink. I'm just tired, I think I need a hip replacement, I'm too old for this. How are you?

He laughed, with that laugh of his that reach his ears and could light up the whole city. – Nothing, it is good to be young!

I laughed at him but felt a sharp blow to my heart. I knew he was young, but didn't know how much, but the most-than-likely ten-year gap had been haunting me for a while now.

- Good for you, you drank a lot!

- Nah, it wasn't that much, I pretty much remember everything... - he said, his tone dropping an octave, his voice lowering so no one could hear him, his accent getting thicker and his eyes fixed on me.

My breath got caught in my throat. What did he mean by everything? Between us, definitely nothing. Besides me getting flustered when he put his arm around my shoulder when we were trying not to get lost while navigating the crowd, tipping his fingers to the rhythm of the music, with his other hand was in between mine, rubbing circles with his thumb and driving me crazy. Nothing had happened, besides me teaching him some salsa dancing, with me unable to keep the stare that he kept. Definitely, nothing had happened when we were dancing, my back to him with his leg between mine while a not-so-innocent song was playing. Nothing had happened because it could not happen. I was around ten years older than him and his supervisor.

- Do you remember everything? - He asked me keeping the same tone and taking me out of my own head. – because I think my mind is playing tricks with me.

- How so? - I asked him nervously. He couldn't be talking about the same stuff; it was all in my head...right?

He left the frame of my door where he had found a comfortable position and entered my office, leaving the door half open.

- Well – he started, closing the gap between us – I remember how soft your shoulder was, how your hips move to the rhythm of the music under my palm, and how beautiful you looked while you let yourself go with the music. Did you feel the same as me?

Now I was definitely surprised. I look up at him, my neck almost breaking in the process: I was still in my seat and he was almost 6 feet tall.

- I ... - I couldn't form any coherent sentence, my mind racing a hundred miles per hour. – I did – I said timidly, looking down at the floor. His gaze was so intense I couldn't keep my eyes on him. – but it cannot be, you know it. Not only you are way younger than me, but I am also one of your supervisors here... - I told him desperately, looking up at him.

- Was I imagining things? Just tell me that... - he pleaded.

- No, you weren't. Actually, I thought it was me imagining things – I laughed nervously.

- Then don't. Don't kill this before it is born – he said, offering his hand to me. I took it, still looking away, and he pushed me towards him, his other hand going to the back of my head. What happened next, you can imagine, because I cannot describe it.

It was over way too quickly, both remembering where we were, still in the office.

- Remember the wine you left for Jasmine? She is gone for the weekend and I think it should not be wasted. Wanna join me? – he said with a smirk, his accent getting thicker at the end. Jasmine, his flatmate, had left that very morning to see her boyfriend and wouldn't be back until next week.

- Sure, we don't want a cheap wine to go to waste – I replied mimicking his smirk. Your place in 10?