Deserve

Kate was nervous, in a couple of days she would become Anthony's wife, Viscountess Bridgerton, and she feel like she may not be able to live up to the name. She was certain of how much she loved Anthony, although sometimes he drove her crazy, she knew she would never love anyone the way she loved him, but could that be enough?

Anthony had chosen Edwina because she had everything that was expected from a Viscountess; beautiful, cultured, kind and young, while she had never had a suitor or courtship. Could she be able to meet expectations?

She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't notice Anthony's presence behind her. He observed her standing at the window that overlooked the garden, she seemed nervous, there had been many emotions in a short time and in a couple of days they would get married.

He smiled, he didn't think he could be with her and be happy by her side, she was his complement. He walked slowly, without taking his eyes off her, came to her side and wrapped his arms around her waist. To hell with property! In his heart, she was already his wife.

"Anthony!"
"Viscountess, you were too distracted."
"I'm not yet a Viscountess."

The tone in which she said it and the look in her sad eyes set off alarm bells in Anthony's mind. Could you be regretting it?

"Kate, what's up?" He turned her around to see her face, but she didn't hold his gaze.
"Nothing, don't worry," she said with a forced smile.

He took her face and looked at her with all the love he had in him, whatever it was that was bothering her he would solve it.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me."
"It's nothing..."
"It's not if it makes your eyes look sad."

Kate sighed, knowing that if she didn't speak, Anthony wouldn't stop until he knew what was wrong.

"It's just... "she put her hands on her chest and fixed her gaze there "you chose Edwina because she was the best option for you, she has all the qualities you wanted in a partner, besides being young, and I..."
"And you are the one my heart chose" Anthony sighed, hugged her closer to him and raised her face so that she could see his eyes "Listen to me, although it is true that I chose Edwina because she was the best match, I was destined to a relationship of simple agreement, she would be the perfect wife in front of all."

Kate tried to pull away from him, but he wouldn't let her.

"You, however, will not only be the perfect wife to everyone's eyes, the most important thing is that you will be MY perfect wife" Kate looked at him with glassy eyes "Kate, you were the one who taught Edwina everything she knows, I trust that you will be a perfect Viscountess, but also my heart chose you as my companion, only you."

Tears started to fall from her eyes, her heart was pounding, she loved that man with all her soul.

"You are the only one with whom I could be completely happy, the only one that fills my soul and my heart" she smiled at him, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I love you Anthony" she said as she hugged him and stole a kiss.

Both stood there, hugging, they deserved to be happy and find peace in the person they loved the most in the world.