Happy Birthday!

"Happy birthday, Darling."

Ichiji sighed and rolled over into more warmth, hardly wanting to get up. It was chilly out today and yet the sun shone through the window from the deep red satin curtains being pushed open and continuously prompted him to wake along with the source of warmth between his sheets. Soft lips pressed a gentle kiss against his forehead and finally sapphire blue pearls flicked open to greet his lover.

"Good morning, Petal." Ichiji's gravelly voice murmured.

Scarlet brushed some of his blonde locks out of his face, ruby red stiletto nails just barely scratching the surface of his cheeks and making him shiver and hum pleasantly. "Ah ah, we don't have time for any of that this morning." She giggled, cat green eyes glittering. "Sanji's already up and starting brunch. He said he's making everyone's favorites this morning; you don't want to be late."

"Yes, yes, of course." Ichiji hummed a little regretfully. He would have loved to spend the entire morning in bed with his wife, but he was sure his brothers would be knocking down his door if he didn't make an appearance soon. "How regretful when you look so stunning this morning."

The petite woman at his side smirked and leaned down, her long black hair falling down to pool on his bare chest. "You can have your way with me tonight, my Prince." She whispered and kissed him, swiping just the very tip of her tongue over his lips and drawing a frustrated grumble from him.

"I'm not giving you a choice if this is how you behave, you little brat." Ichiji answered and curled the ends of her hair around his fingers.

Scarlet just laughed and sat back. "You know I have to tease you, even on your birthday." She patted his chest and beamed down at him. "Come on, then. Up, up. I need you to help me with my corset before I leave."

Ichiji sat up and stretched, watching his wife stand and make her way back to her vanity. Just the sight of her strutting around in the lingerie she wore under her stunning outfits was nearly enough to disrupt his better judgment and make them both late to brunch, but he was ever one to practice self control. Better than his brothers anyway.

"Are you still heading out with Delilah and Kore today?" He asked as he got out of bed and made for the wardrobe to pick out the day's outfit.

"I am. Nami is joining us as well." Scarlet confirmed and dabbed the blushing brush on her cheeks. "We'll be home by dinner to spend the rest of the day with you five so don't worry."

"I am not concerned." Ichiji murmured and stopped behind her, watching her reflection in the mirror. "This was preplanned, just like every prior year. I do not mind you going out."

Scarlet hummed happily when Ichiji bowed down to kiss the top of her head softly, one hand resting under her chin to tilt her head back slightly while the other snaked down to rest just under her breasts. Marriage to the eldest Vinsmoke quin had been nothing but joy for the past four years and it showed quite loudly to anyone looking in. Ichiji and Scarlet were still just as deeply in love with each other as they were the day she accepted his proposal.

"Liar." She giggled and leaned back against his chest. "If you had your way, you wouldn't let me out of your sight today."

"If I had my way, I wouldn't let you out of my sight any day." Ichiji countered with a little smirk and then released her. "But I can only have my way so much before you begin to rebel. Have you checked in on the little one this morning?"

Returning back to her makeup, Scarlet nodded briefly. "Freyja is off with Daddy to Florida this morning. He decided to take her to Disney. They called earlier and said they'll call again closer to dinner."