𝟔𝟒 || 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐧

The ache in my chest didn't overwhelm the bitterness I was feeling

The ache in my chest didn't overwhelm the bitterness I was feeling. The fact that Ryat sent me to confront my father, knowing I wouldn't achieve any answers, made me so angry.

If I could, I'd leave and never look back.

I wanted my answers, and I was going to get them one way or another. Thirty minutes has passed since Sasha helped me escape the room my father was in and I had no idea where the crazy man that brought me here in the first place was.

I didn't care. Not much, really.

I was pissed and ready to leave this luxurious party that I was not accustomed to.

You know what, screw Ryat Benedetti. He is a liar. A selfish man that doesn't care who he hurts to get whatever he wants.

I turn left at the wall and as I round the corner, I almost lose my breath and gasp, dropping my bag.

"Oh, excuse me," said a young woman who appeared to be around my age, had long blonde hair, glowing skin, and a hint of tan. She was dressed entirely in white, and the jewelry she wore gave her an expensive appearance.

My bag is quickly grabbed by her as she quickly bends over and holds it out for me. She takes a moment to watch me, and I have no doubt that she was looking at me closely. Including my face, hair, and dress. She has a restless expression on her face as if she is contemplating something, but I am not sure what.

"It's fine," I offered with a forced smile as I grabbed my bag from her. "Thank you."

"I'm Angeline," she introduces herself. "And you are?"

It might have been smart to offer her a fake name due to the little details I know, but at this point, I didn't care.

"Latasha," I looked around and I felt so out of place. The individuals present had an affluent taste and based on the manner in which they appeared to be conversing, they were all acquainted with this type of thing such as parties. "I-I've never been to a party like this, and I'm lost."

On finding the nearest exit out of here.

"I can help you find your way around," she says as she watches me. "Are you here with your family?"

"Uh, no," I hesitate. I looked around, my eyes searching for Ryat. He was nowhere in sight. "I came here with my...boyfriend."

Boyfriend? Seriously, Latasha.

In my head, my conscience shouted loudly. Anything I could have thought of would have been preferable to a boyfriend. Ryat wasn't exactly a guy that you could date. The man wasn't even on the list as a potential boyfriend.

When I turn back to face her, I don't miss her staring just below my chin. She suddenly links her arms in mine to prevent separation as her eyes widened and became more alert.