Infatuation for the red boy

(Timeline: second year sports festival) 

Onodera POV 

"Yay! We did it Sudou-kun! We won!" I wrapped my arms around him as he did the same. His body feels so strong and sturdy. Can he feel my heartbeat racing in our embrace? I hope so. 

"Ya. Your advice really helped me out, Onodera. It calmed me out super quick." He responded honestly, making me smile widely out of joy. 

"Of course. Y'know? I used to have the same problem as you. I used to blow up in my anger all the time. So, when I saw you getting heated by Ryuuen's mind games, it felt like I was looking at my past self." Anger really is a dangerous thing. If not wielded correctly, it can lead even the kindest souls to ruin. 

"Really? Feels hard to believe since you always seem so calm. that means you got over it pretty well. I need to do the same. Especially for Suzune's sake. Maybe I can finally have a chance." 

Huh? Suzune? Suzune? What the hell!? I should be the one in that position! Only me! 

I blew away the raging spirit within me before he could sense my anger. 

"By the way, where is Suzune? Suzune! Suzune! Have you seen her around lately?" He yelled her name in the same manner and emotion a person does when calling for their lover, making my heart crack even further. 

"I haven't seen her." I replied in a small, hushed voice. It seems he hasn't even noticed that much. Argh!! Why should it be like this? Am I going to get friendzoned by him? He doesn't care much for me compared to Horikita-san. Yes, are you going to judge me too, God? I have a crush on Sudou Ken. I bear no shame in this. 

I really am a pathetic woman, arent I? What I am dreaming about will never land at my feet, even if I prayed for it. 

"I'll see you later then, onodera! By the way, you will be wearing the maid outfit during the cultural festival, won't you?" His question caused me to let out a light laugh. 

"Um, did I say something funny?" He asked cluelessly. 

"No. About the maid outfit... it would look way to weird on me. My legs would stick out and make me look like a freak. Not cute at all."I explained that with my leg muscles, it would be far-fetched to rock the cute maid aesthetic. With the end of my words, he knelt in front of me. 

3rd person POV 

Sudou started analyzing her legs. "Hmm... yeah, these legs are the ones belonging to an athlete. I guess I can see where you're coming from." His fingers traveling close to her thighs, yet without perverted intent. Simply a sportsman admiring the body of a sportswoman. 

"Ehhh..... Eeeeh?" Her cheeks flushed a red colour at this action before she ran away. The boy with the red hair could only remain there with a bemused expression. 

"What was all that about?" He directed the question to Kiyotaka, who watched over the exchange silently, hoping he could understand. 

"Do you really want me to say it?" Kiyotaka asked. Tobe honest, he couldn't care less about this, but he wouldn't disrespect social norms without cause. Well, as long as he agrees to it, then it will be fine. 

"I don't get it. Is there something I should know about?" 

May God bless your final remaining braincells, sudou. 

"Onodera has a crush on you. Looking at all the factors of her behaviour, that is the only conclusion I can reach." Kiyotaka calmy spoke. This caused Ken towiden his eyes in disbelief.  

"What? How could it be?" 

"Who knows? Either way, if I were you, I would consider dating her. She seems like a nice girl, but it is your decision." The words from kiyotaka's mouth ended there. Nothing more, nothing less. Ken seemed to be seriously thinking about this at the moment. 

"Was that a good idea, Kiyotaka-kun? It isn't right to interfere with other people's romance." Yousuke warned softly, his voice hushed to a whisper, so Ken does not hear.

"No need to worry. He himself wanted to know." Kiyotaka responded.  

"Well... alright, Kiyotaka-kun. If you say so." 

(To be Continued)