Guardian Angel.

TW: Major Character Death

Requested by Anonymous

----

"When are you going to take me?" Jungkook begged Jin for the fourth time that week. He was desperate to learn how to snowboard. He saw his hyung do it all the time and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

"I don't know," Jin shrugged. That was the answer he kept giving the maknae. He was hesitant because he didn't think he'd be good at teaching him how to do it, and he also knew Jungkook picked up things quickly and didn't want him to end up better at it than him. He wanted to at least be better than Jungkook at something.

However, like usual, the maknae got his way with Jin when he kept begging and giving him big puppy dog eyes. Jin caved and agreed to bring Jungkook up into the mountains. "However, I don't know if I'll be a good teacher or not, so we'll set something up with an instructor."

"Good enough!" Jungkook yelled happily as he hugged his hyung, "Yay! Thank you!" He kissed Jin's cheek playfully before running to tell the others that he was finally going to learn.

That weekend, they both loaded up all their gear into the car in preparation to head out. Jin had bought everything Jungkook would need.

"Don't let him learn too much, hyung, or else he'll quickly learn to kick your ass!" Yoongi made everyone laugh. The rest of the members told them to have fun.

When they got to the mountain resort, Jungkook couldn't contain his excitement. He continued to thank Jin over and over again.

"Yeah, yeah, it's nothing," Jin replied. They got ready and headed into a little cabin where people check in and could grab some snacks/coffee. After checking in they were greeted with the instructor for the day. Jungkook didn't understand why Jin couldn't just do it, but he didn't protest. The instructor introduced himself as Iseul. He led them outside and Jungkook stopped and froze as he looked around.

"What the hell is this?" he asked Jin.

"What do you mean?" Jin smiled.

"Hyung.." Jungkook looked around to see they were on the bunny slope and he was surrounded by toddlers and little kids learning how to stand on snowboards.

"What?" Jin chuckled, "You have to start somewhere!"

"But ..here?! Why couldn't I start on a bigger slope?! This is for babies!"

"You are a baby," Jin replied.

"I'm not a baby!"

"Well you're the baby of the family, so."

"Can I please learn on a bigger slope?"

"It's either here, or not at all." It wasn't often Jin used his hyung card, but when he did use it there was no talking back.

"Fine," Jungkook frowned. The instructor chuckled at the interaction. He leaned over to Jungkook, "Big brother?"

"One of them," Jungkook replied.

Jin overheard. "The oldest, and coolest one, at that!"

All three of them laughed. The instructor started by simply teaching Jungkook how to first even put on his snowboard the correct way. Once they were through with all the basics and how to move around, the instructor guided Jungkook to one of the small slopes and told him he could practice on it. When Jungkook tried to get down it, he didn't understand why he wasn't moving forward until he turned around and realized Jin was holding onto the back of his coat.