Getting Ready

^Gunner is above
Emberly's Pov
Tomorrow's the big day, I thought to myself, tomorrow is what I have been waiting for. The rodeo. Don't get me wrong, I have been to many of them, but never competed in them on my horse, Gunner. Gunner is a quarter horse I raised myself. His mother, Luna, died shortly after he was born. It was tough raising a full bred quarter horse, I bottle fed him,bathed,and exercised him, etc...and now I can ride him. We practice for barrel racing, and I think we are pretty good.

Sorry, I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Emberly Hollins. I am about 5'11, and I think that's pretty tall for a 13 teen year old. I have jet black hair with brown hazel eyes and dimples. I was raised in the country, and I love to go fishing and hunting, but mostly I love to ride horses. Country music is my favorite, but I also really like a band called R5. I am not to obsessed with R5 but I like there songs very much. Once I looked up pictures of them on the computer, and found the boy named ,Ross, kinda cute.

But anyways, my friend Stevie was coming over later, because she is going to go to the rodeo with me tomorrow. I decided to head out to the barn and groom Gunner and then go out for a ride.

When I arrived at the stables I grabbed Gunner's black halter and lead rope and made my way to his stall. He nickered at me as I walked up to his stable door. I slipped his halter on and lead him to the cross ties. (Skipping the grooming part, don't wanna bore you guys.) As I finished up grooming and tacking up Gunner, Stevie arrived. "Just in time. I am going out for a ride wanna come?" I asked. " No thanks. I think I am just gonna hangout here with the other horses while you ride." She said, very tiredly. "Ok, if you get bored you can go on inside if u want." I say, trying to make her feel comfortable. With that said, I left the barn and headed for the trails. I couldn't keep the fact out of my head that tomorrow was competition day, I was so nervous and excited.