Chapter 1

Cassie Blake and her two best friends, Mariana and Malia, were at Anchor Beach Community Charter School in San Diego, California.

"I can't believe you're leaving town." Mariana said.

"You know how my mom is." Cassie said, rolling her eyes.

"We will miss you." Malia frowned as Cassie turned from her back to Mariana.

"You sure you'll be okay without me? I know that it's been difficult after everything." The blond said to the brown haired girl. Both girls attend Anchor Beach Charter Community School and they've been best friends since they ran into each other in the hallway when Cassie was the new girl. Ever since then, they consider each other as sisters along with Malia.

"I got through it and will continue to do so. Maybe I'll come visit, but we have to stay in touch." Mariana said.

"Of course." Cassie had a vision of a guy who looks a lot like Mariana's previous boyfriend, Nick Stratos. Speaking of him, she kind of set them up together and wished things turned out differently. "I'll text you the details when I find out."

The bell rang and they all went to class together. School went by fast since none of them wanted Cassie to move again.

Cassie went home to pack before she left to spend some time with the girls before she left the next day.

They had a good time, watching movies, laughing and talking before she went home.

A long winding street. The road is empty when a car flies by. Behind the wheel is Cassie having a private moment with the stereo. She's startled by a honking horn. Headlights blinded as a car whizzes by, passing her. She road rages.

"C'mon. Really?"

Her front wheel explodes. A blowout. The car jerks and skids, careening off the road. Cassie responds instantly. She let's off the gas, turns into the skid, the car jerks and grinds to a stop. Cassie gets out, looks to her front tire. It's flat. Cassie looks around. She sees a car idling half a block up the road. The same one that passed her. It just sits there, as if watching. She can't make out who's behind the wheel. She calls out.

"Hey...Hey...Hey...Can I get a...?" The car quickly speeds away.

Amelia Blake is in the kitchen preparing food. The phone rings and she answers it.

"Hello?"

"I got a flat." Cassie replies through the phone.

"Where are you?"

"Close. I'm on Oak."

"Are you okay? Did you call AAA?"

"I know how to change a tire, mom."

"I'm coming."

"Oh, good idea. Take your car. Oh wait, it has a flat." She said, sarcastically.

"Well then I will walk or catch a cab." Amelia smiled.

"Like you know how to change a tire. I got it."

The car that drove past Cassie idles up the street outside the Blake House.

"Well then I'll stand there and watch you do it smarty pants."

"Seriously, I got it."

The man who drove away and left Cassie on the street can be seen. The phone goes static.

"Cassie?"

"Mom?"

The driver starts to get out.

"Hello?"