chapter one: paint me black

MADISON'S POV
It was the first time I had logged onto Facebook since I'd left Jayk... since I had made the biggest mistake of my life. But I was with Jack now, so why did it bother me so much? I went to my profile and went to settings. I still had it set as in a relationship with Jayk. I took a deep breath and removed Jayk and typed Jack's name in to replace it. I hesitated for a moment then pressed save, my heart dropping at that moment. God. I missed him so fucking much. Not that I'd ever admit it. Hell no. I was too stupid to ever do that. Or too smart. Maybe a little bit of both.
The stupid part of me took over and opened my text messages, scrolling down to my messages with Jayk. I opened them and scrolled up, immediately beginning to read them. With every word my eyes scanned, my heart began to beat faster. The palpitations began to overwhelm me, I felt like I was going to pass out. I threw my phone aside and and laid back on my bed. "Fuck," I groaned out, closing my eyes. I didn't know how much longer I could take this.

JAYK'S POV
The boys and I had just gotten back from a party. I was drunk as fuck. All I could think about was her. Madison Elle Beer. The name sent shivers down my back. I hated her. No. I hated that I didn't hate her. I was still madly in love with her. God knows why. Not talking up her had been killing me.
Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was the longing for her, but I couldn't help myself. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, typed in the code, went to messages, pressed new message and typed her name in. Madison. Well, her name in my phone was My Sunshine. Without thinking, I typed "Hey" and sent it to her. The minute I sent it, I immediately regretted it. Mere seconds later, it said that she had read it. Shit. FUCK. God damn it. She began typing. I clenched my jaw.
"what?" A simple one word reply came from her. Though it was a text, I felt the bitterness in the message.
"I wanna talk to you. Can you meet me at the Grove in 10 minutes?" What what I thinking?
"No thank you" Her reply was not a surprise.
"Please Madison" I practically begged.
"Fuck it. See you in ten."
Holy Shit. It was happening. I was going to see her. There were only two ways this could go. Either amazingly or utterly horribly. My guess was the latter. But I was about to find out....

TO BE CONTINUED