74 • I'm Sorry

Pressing the end button, Reina furrowed her eyebrows. She had been trying to contact Inui and Kokonoi multiple times and none of them were picking up her calls. Not to mention, they had stopped texting her any information they found—no matter how minuscule it was, or even if it was just a random idea that either of them came up with—for a while now.

Pinching the bridge of her nose, she couldn't help but feel something was wrong. Those two wouldn't just ghost her for no reason, and she feared the reason was Tenjiku. Clicking her tongue, she searched through her contacts.

"Kenny," she greeted, pacing around her living room. "Is Manjiro with you? I need an update on what's happening with the fifth division. No, I did not call him because that little shit silenced his phone."

"Rude," came Mikey's voice from the other line. "Also, I've only been paying close attention to Mucho. He hasn't done anything weird, and I just can't figure him out. Why though?"

"You should've just fired him."

"If I do that in a time like this, the entire gang will riot."

Knowing Mikey was right, Reina shook her head and sighed. She couldn't tell him her boys had gone missing when she didn't even know what had happened, nor could she insist on blaming Mucho. "It's nothing. That being said, your division captains are okay, right? It's almost the twenty-second."

"Yeah? I don't think they're gonna attack us so close to the fight."

"Huh? Kei hasn't told you?"

"Told me what?"

"I suspect they'll attack you before the fight, especially on the day of the fight, to decrease the chances of your division captains recovering and joining the fight." Furrowing her eyebrows, Reina thought Baji would've immediately told Mikey about this. "You know what, just be careful."

Ending the call, Reina grabbed her coat and zipped her binder up. Mounting her bike, she sped off to Baji's apartment—well, Chifuyu's apartment too, she guessed, considering they lived in one building.

Instantly, she knew something was wrong when she saw Baji and Chifuyu's mothers fretting and pacing around a security guard, and apartment tenants from various rooms peeking out of their windows.

"Um, Baji-san? Matsuno-san?"

The two women snapped their heads in her direction, widening their eyes when they seemed to recognize her. "Rei! Oh, thank god you're here!" Instantly, Reina was engulfed in a hug, the two mothers rambling their worries, leaving her extremely confused and concerned.

"Huh? What happened? Where's Kei and Fuyu?"

"There was a commotion—"

"A black car just came in and—"

"They were wearing the same gang uniform Keisuke has—"

"Someone just came out and beat them up—"

"Gah! I'll revoke his peyoung privileges if he so much as comes home with a scratch—"

Fortunately, Reina was able to follow their rushed blubbers, and it wasn't good. People with the same uniform as Baji, who suddenly started beating them up, and have a car. There was only one person in Toman, or should she say Tenjiku, who would do that.

So, they have begun to move.

Clicking her tongue, Reina raked her hand through her hair, offering the two mothers the best comforting smile she could muster. "I think they've run into trouble. I'll try and find them for you."

Forget the possibility of Inui and Kokonoi being abducted by Tenjiku, Baji and his three ducklings—she refused to believe Kazutora wasn't part of the duckling family—could be killed or already dead at Mucho's hands.