A Day in The Life

Kodi Slowik woke up to the sound of his alarm clock buzzing loudly in his ear. He groggily sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes, feeling the familiar anxiety start to build up in his chest. Today was going to be a busy day - he had a big commission due at the end of the week, and he still had several pieces to finish.

He got up and stumbled to the bathroom, squinting as he looked in the mirror. He adjusted his glasses and started his morning routine, feeling the warm water on his skin and the tangy taste of toothpaste in his mouth. As he brushed his teeth, he heard the sound of the bristles scraping against his enamel - a deep red color in his mind.

He quickly got dressed in his usual outfit of jeans, a plain t-shirt, and a cardigan. As he headed out the door, he grabbed his backpack filled with paints, brushes, and canvases, and almost forgot his noise-canceling headphones. The sun was just starting to peek over the horizon, casting a golden glow over the city.

Kodi made his way to his studio, a small rented space in a building downtown. As he set up his materials and got to work, he felt the familiar rush of inspiration and creativity. He put on the song and started painting, the colors swirling around in his mind as he listened to music.

Suddenly, his phone rang, interrupting his flow. It was his friend and fellow artist, Sarah, inviting him to a gallery opening that evening. Kodi felt a pang of anxiety in his chest - he didn't do well in social situations and he knew he would feel out of place at a fancy event.

But he also knew that he needed to network and get his name out there. So, after a few minutes of hesitation, he agreed to go. He spent the rest of the day working on his painting, the colors of the music and the world around him blending in a dizzying array.

As the sun started to set, he made his way back home but without his headphones on, letting the soothing sounds of the city create beautiful swirls in his head.

The next morning, Kodi got up to get ready for the gallery opening. He took a long shower, trying to calm his nerves. He put on his nicest shirt and a pair of black pants, feeling a bit like a fish out of water in the fancy clothes.

But as he arrived at the gallery with some of his paintings and saw the other artists and art enthusiasts gathering around, peering at swirls of color that rested on the canvases and murmuring to themselves.

"Kodi!"

He whipped his head as he heard Sarah's voice coming toward him, wearing a muted pink A-line dress that went well with her brown hair

"S-Sarah!" he stuttered "You, um, look nice"

Sarah chuckled "Thanks, I got this dress specifically for today," she said "I'm glad you could make it! I've been telling everyone about you"

"Everyone. . .?" he echoed, his breathing getting a bit shallow

By the end of the night, Kodi was exhausted but also exhilarated. He had pushed himself out of his comfort zone and had made some important contacts. As he walked home, the colors of the night sky swirling around him, he knew that he was on the right path - even if it was a little scary and uncomfortable at times.

Hi Hi! Hope you liked the first chapter of ASOC, I'm really proud of this and hope you all enjoy it, I'm doing a lot of research to accurately portray Kodi's synesthesia, so if any readers have synesthesia please give me feedback! :)