1 year before...

Trigger warning. There is a mention of suicide and, well, murder.

(Narrator's POV)

Hello there, (y/n). I'm here to tell you the epic quest that JaidenAnimations, TheOdd1sOut, and Illymation went on to solve the calamity of human knowledge. So, you might know CGP Grey. He is an awesome YouTuber... well, was. He posted regularly, but people noticed he hadn't posted a new video in a couple of months. People were confused and worried.

One day, one of his friends reached out to CGP Grey. He never replied to the message. Why was that? Well, he was murdered! That explains a lot! Do you wanna know who that friend was? It was JaidenAnimations! She was worried about him since she sometimes watched his dogs when he was on vacation.

She hadn't heard a single call from him since he had posted his last video he would ever make. JaidenAnimations told her other YouTube friends about this.

(JaidenAnimations' POV)

I haven't heard from CGP Grey in a couple of months, so I sent him an email to check in. It reads:

———————————————————

Hey there,

You haven't posted a new video in a while and everyone is concerned. Are you okay? I understand if you're tired from all the work you've been doing, but maybe at least tell your subscribers before you pull off a break from videos. Just a check in.

Sincerely, 

Jaiden

———————————————————

I was expecting to hear a response in a day or two. Minutes turned to hours, hours turned to days, and days turned to weeks. No response. I was worried something had happened to him, so I called James (TheOdd1sOut) on the phone.

(TheOdd1sOut's POV)

I was working on a video when I heard a ring on my phone. It was JaidenAnimations! I answered the phone. I said, " Hi, Jaiden, what's up?" Jaiden screamed into the phone, " SOMETHING'S HAPPENED TO CPG GREY! WE NEED TO HELP HIM!" I replied, " What do you mean?" Jaiden screamed, " HE HAS NOT POSTED A VIDEO FOR MONTHS NOW, I EMAILED HIM WEEKS AGO, AND HE HASN'T REPLIED!" 

I said, " Haven't you heard? He's been murdered." Jaiden screamed, " WHAT?!" Distant screams blew up my phone. I said, " Wait, wait, wait! Calm down! I can help you solve the mystery!" Jaiden stopped screaming and replied, " Really? You'd do that for me?" I replied, " Of course!" She screamed, " Let's go, then!" 

I said, " We'll need backup, though. Backup from Illymation." Jaiden said, " Well, ring her up, then!" I called Illysa. She responded, " Hello?" I said, " Illysa, there's been an emergency! CGP Grey's been murdered, and we need your help solving it!" She replied, " Okay, I'll come over." Jaiden and Illysa shortly arrived on my door. I rushed them inside. I said, " Okay, how do we solve this?" 

Jaiden said, " Maybe we should go to his house. I know where he lives." I said, " Okay, then." We hopped into Jaiden's car and drove to CGP's house. When we arrived at CGP's house, Jaiden grabbed the key from under the doormat and opened the door. It smelled awful in the house when we first walked in.

(Illymation's POV)

I said, " Are we sure about this?" James replied, " Yeah, we gotta solve this." I was terrified. I said, " Well, solving the mystery isn't going to bring CGP back to life." Jaiden said, " Come on, Illysa, the murderer needs to be punished for what they've done."

I responded, " Right, right." We continued to walk in the house when we turned around and screamed. We saw CPG dead, on the floor, with a bloody knife next to him. I screamed the loudest. We knew we'd have to see him dead, but it was so sudden, we were terrified. Jaiden hyperventilated, " Okay, okay, how do we know CGP was really murdered? What if it was just a suicide attempt?!" Jaiden screamed again.

James yelled, " Why would it be a suicide?! CGP was awesome!" I yelled, " You don't know what really goes on in people's lives!" We all screamed. 

(Narrator's POV)

It starts depressing, yes, but the story goes on, and we have to live with it. The 3 were terrified, but they knew that they must solve the murder of CGP Grey.