First Kiss

It all started with a simple act of helping a guy who seemed like he needed a hand in cleaning event chairs and tents.

Strangers who had only met a few time ended up working together for the day it was a good beginning of friendship, no one ever knows about tomorrow who would ever think that he would later become my all-time obsession.

A few years younger than I am but who cares age is just a number when there is love, oh did I say love??? Who knows maybe I would love him but no he was a customer, a very regular customer and an obedient business person. I became fond of him through doing business with him, with a few hellos and exchange of transactions then the big day came, when gave me his contact details, well they were essential for the work I was doing for him. With no intentions of savings, the number I added it to my dial list too bad the business deal never came through but a phone number sure did because that number was the beginning of endless mixed emotions.

I left the town soon after the deal failed without saying goodbye to anyone. I was not supposed to go for long but Peter wasn't too pleased about me leaving without a word to him

His anger didn't last for we started texting more than we did and we made a bond, feelings I thought faded away after my break up come back backed up with more emotions and every second that passed by made me long to see him more than ever. The Peter I was talking to was not the same one I helped with his cleaning, this Peter was a mature romantic Prince sent to change me.

I had to go back and learn more about the feelings I was having, all from chats and I was curious about what I would get after we met had a real conversation.

Weeks later I traveled back to my work place and just as promised Peter came that evening to meet with me. I wasn't planning to work that evening but I visited the shop only so I could see him. He looked better than I had always seen him, maybe my eyes were lying to me since my heart was feeling something different from what I felt earlier during the days.

We said our hellos and without much if a conversation he left, well we are both not talkers and we didn't have a-lot to say to each other at my work place, after he left I walked back to my small rented house and started thinking on the things I wanted to ask him. Just then I received a text from him saying hi, followed by a compliment of how dazzling I looked. He sure was a changed P, I laid on my bed going through all the things I had promised myself after my previous break up, it was my second messy break up and I wasn't ready to go through that process again, I talked myself out of replying to the messages took out my diary and started writing all the reasons why starting anything with him would be a mistake.

'You are not at work where are you' He sent another message.

I couldn't resist to reply this one, my mind was smiling why did he come back? I asked myself replying to his text saying that I was in the house.

'Are you busy?' he replied

'No just lying thinking about possibilities' I replied

'Which possibilities? Should I join you and we can think together?' he replied

With a smile I was about to reply when I looked at my diary and thought against it, I put the phone down and went on writing on my diary just then my phone started vibrating, he was calling me. I answered the call expecting to be called out for nor replying to his text but instead his calm voice in my ears made me want to melt.

"Hello, can we go for a walk, I cane to ask you physically but you are not here." He said

" I am in the house, wasn't supposed to be working so I came to rest, I could use a walk though do you mind coming to get me?" I responded

"I don't mind but I don't know where you leave I mean I know the direction but I don't know the house." He stated honestly.

I was smiling at myself I also didn't know his house but I was sure that that was about to change if we went for this walk and the conversions we had been having over the phone.

I requested him to just follow the directions and we would meet along the way, hanging up I took my brown trench coat and put on my sandals closing the door behind me I headed out.

I was just a few meters away from my house when I saw him the streets were all clear and bright as day, the street lights made it easier for use to see during the nights.

"Hi" I said as I approached him, walking closer to me he responded with his arms around me, I didn't expect him to go for a hug given that I was with him a few hours ago. He let go saying that he had been longing to do that all day, maybe he wasn't as quiet as I thought.

"Where to?" I asked with a smile trying to hide emotions brought by the hug.

"We can just walk around, I actually have no place in mind, I know you love walks and you fear darkness so I just want to walk beside you around the streets that have lights". He said

Happy that he remembered I responded requesting him to lead the way we went around the neighboring blocks avoiding all the street that had no lights and for people that consider themselves not talkative we had a lot to say since we talked about all random things that came in our minds, the walk was fun and slowly I was beginning to let my fears if not dating go. Which was a huge mistake.

After waking for about two hours he walked me back to my house and left. In my head that wasn't a bad first date or let's just call it a first walk.

Things had been going great the texting, calls and walks had become a regular thing and I was getting used to it, I had tried to keep my emotions steady and decided that friendship would be better than jumping into a relationship. Peter walked me back to my house after our walk which had become a trend for us I was going for a hug when he went for something else, a kiss, I was stunned, the feeling of his lips on mine was nothing like I had expected. I froze didn't pull away or kiss him back my mind was racing at different directions one-part shouting go for it while the other shouted run for your life.

He pulled away probably confused about my reaction, "I am sorry I should have asked before" he tried to apologize stuttering trying to find the correct words. What would have been a romantic end of a walk became an awkward situation just because I had not made my mind about what I wanted with Peter.

"Goodnight P" I said as I turned around and entered the house, I leaned on my door after closing it thinking about all the ways the kiss would have gone without making it weird for us, I already liked Peter and from what he had done it was clear that he liked me too.

After a few minutes I opened the door and he was standing at the same place I had left him, closing the door once again would make it worse to walking towards him wasn't an option. Hearing the door open he looked at my direction waiting for my next move, I looked down debating on what to do next, my legs were weak my heart was racing all because of him, I wanted him, to kiss, to hug and do all the crazy things people do. He started walking slowly towards me and my mind started screaming again 'run Janis run' No I said to myself as I completely stepped out of the house and hurriedly walked towards him I fell in his arms, and our lips bumped together, this was what I should have done earlier, I loved how my mouth felt again his I slightly opened it letting his tongue in, enjoying the taste of his mouth led to a slight mourn from me earning a smile from him. I pulled away and stood at a distance.

"I want to take you out on a real date Janis." He said before I would say anything he continued " Take a day off the day after tomorrow we can go do some of the things we both like."

"Okay I will request for permission". I responded smiling

With that he walked close to me hugged me and gave me a peck wishing me a lovely night and sharing our goodbyes he left.