A Pirate Life for me

Disclaimer: Nothing is owned by me except the OC's that appear. Everything else is owned by their rightful owners.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sea was a peacefully calm that day. As if the Gods of the Sea decided to show mercy on the sailors.

Not a single wave could be seen or heard. No strong winds threatening to rip the sails from the ship with their might. Not a single rain cloud could be seen in the distance, letting the many crews that sailed that day know that they caught a break.

But, while the sea itself showed mercy, there were still many other dangers a crew could face in the open sea.

One such danger was aboard the frigate ship that calmy sailed the waved. The ship was a work of art in the eyes of a any experienced shipwright. It was over 30 meters in length with the beam standing 7,5 meters tall. And if one looked closely, they could be seen that each side of the ship had a score of cannons ready to fire at the captain's command.

On the ship itself, each member was doing their job. Be it the simply washing the deck or being on the lookout for their next target or steering the ship according to the navigators orders.

"Sail ho! Sail ho! Ship coming from northeast!" the young lad that was the lookout called for all the crew to hear as they stopped their work to look at the direction the lookout pointed and shouted to. And true to his words, there was a ship in the distance coming their way.

One of the crew members turned to his colleague and said. "Go get the captain!"

The colleague didn't waste a moment as he ran to the Captain's quarters. But, before he could open the door, the door was slammed open by the person inside.

"I heard ya loud and clear." the Captain of the ship said as he walked out and looked at the lookout. "What are we dealing with?"

"It appears to be a merchant ship."

"Does it look like a rich one?"

At the question of the Captain, the lookout gained a huge smile. "Filthy rich, Captain."

"That is all I need to hear." the Captain mused as he immediately started barking orders to the crew. The orders were all kinds of stuff, from telling the helmsman to go directly at the merchant ship to telling some members to load and prepare the cannons in case things get hostile.

But, one order stood among the rest of them. One order said to a random crew member. "You there. Bring me me matches." The Captain gained a huge, almost devilish grin as he said that. "We have an appearance to uphold, after all."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes flickered open as my ears caught the cheerful chirping of birds. At first I was planning of going back to sleep, but after a few minutes of trying and failing to do so, I decided to do the next best thing.

Sitting up, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and released a yawn before looking around when I was caught surprised and confused at the same time.

The reason behind it was that I was currently in what appeared to be a hospital room. The room was pretty normal. A single hospital bed, a night stand on which laid a newspaper a glass of water, a closet and a chair were the only furniture in the room. I could also see I had mine own toilet here, which was a bonus. Also, the bird chirping came from the open window on my right side.