01

" Maybe we're just not meant to last.-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I daze out the window watching the rain droplets strike the glass and slowly glide down. Wishing this gloomy Wednesday would come to a end.

The bell rings signaling class is over and I jump up and collect all of my belongings and scurry to my locker. Shoving all my books in I walk a good pace to the cafeteria.

I see my best friend Colleen already at our table with her boyfriend Jack. I cringe every time I hear his name. I really hate that boy and his bushy eyebrows, I just feel he is not worthy of my best friends time and devotion, but he makes her incredibly happy so I must tolerate him and his ignorance.

I sit down at the table across from the two and let a small sigh escape my lips.

" Hey rosey!" Jack says grinning like a fool.

" You can not and will not call me that ever again." I snap giving him a vicious stare.

" Chilll!" he exclaims throwing up his hands up in surrender.

I give him a small smile and face my attention to Colleen who was to focused on her phone I bet she didn't hear 99.9% of the stuff that just happened.

" Col." I say.

" Col!" I repeat in a louder tone.

" Whaaat?!" she whines putting her phone down.

" What the hell are you doing?" I chuckle.

" Looking up ideas for our social studies project ."

Oh shit! I completely forgot about that but it's usually how it goes. I forget and she does all the work. I know it's not good but it's just how things go, I'm surprised she is still my friend to be honest.

" Oh." I mumble leaning back in the chair.

" Hey Matt!" Jack says making hand motions.

I turn my neck in curiosity to see who he was talking to. I see a boy wearing a plain white shirt, khakis, and black vans walking this way.

Soon the boy sits next to Jack and they do some strange boy hand shake I've never understood.

" Guys this is Matthew, he is new." Jack says smiling.

I look up at Matthew and I get a good look at his face, he is pretty cute if I must say. I smile at him.

" Mariah." I say, introducing myself.

" You can call her rosey." Jack says.

" I can cut you, you know?" I glare at Jack.

" Be nice!" Colleen speaks up.

" That's my lover Colleen." Jack says winking at her.

I make a gagging noise and roll my eyes. And Matthew starts to chuckle. Jack glares at me.

" So Matthew, What made you come to Bishop Ireton?" Colleen questions.

" Well my mom wants to me to get away from the California life so she put me on the first flight here." he responds chuckling pulling out the chair next to me.

I zone out from their conversation and observe Matthew's features. He has a breath taking eyes the mixture of blue and grey. His brown hair is slightly long making some of it drop on to his face. His lips are slightly plump and pink.

" Mariah?" I get snapped back into reality when I notice Col waving her hands.

I look around and see everybody getting up and throwing their trays in the garbage. I give Col a small smile and get up to throw my things away.