Chapter 1: Introduction

What do you think of when you hear the word "enchanted"? Do you think of supernatural beings? Fairy tales? Centaurs? Mermaids?... Magic? Well, you can hear all about it in this Dave and Bambi AU, where myths and magic come to life! Though - don't expect this world to always be whimsy and fun, for there is more than meets the eye.

———————————————————————————

It was a perfectly peaceful evening in Forrest Pine Park. The sun was setting, the chirping of the birds slowly started to fade and the crickets came out of their burrows to sing their little songs. The air smelled like fresh bark, leaves, and of course, pinecones. What a refreshing scent! Nature is so beautiful.

"Dave! I found a cool looking pinecone!"
The soothing sounds of the swaying trees accompanied by the chirping of the crickets were unexpectedly interrupted by a little boys' voice - Tristan. He was picking a few sticks, some rocks, and other things on the ground to discover something interesting.

He called his father off in the distance; holding a pinecone with unusually sharp scales. Lamentably, Dave was too focused on preparing the campfire.
The boy continuously called for Dave's attention as the man thought to himself; 'Why must children ruin every quiet moment?'

Tristan was wearing a white t-shirt, blue pants, a pastel red hoodie that's wrapped around his waist, and his golden heart pendant he always wears around his neck. Tristan really loves the pendant his father gave to him. He wears it everyday as he says it suits him.

"Sorry, Tristan. I'm working on the bonfire right now. Can't be with you at the moment.." His father sighed, trying to light up the campfire by grinding two pieces of flint together on a bundle of sticks. Tristan's father - Dave - had reddish brown hair and pale skin. He was wearing glasses, a dullish blue shirt with the left sleeve torn off, a pair of pants with a darker shade of blue, and brown shoes. There were also bandages wrapped on his forearms to seal his past from the eyes of others. He had a large backpack he always carries around whenever he goes out camping.
The young boy sighed, slowly shaking his head as he watched pitifully fail at starting a bonfire. "Whatever, I guess... I'm gonna go forage for us so we can have some fruits n' stuff.." Tristan waved at his dad and walked through the large pinetrees. His father was too distracted to talk to him so he should probably look for something to do.

-

-

-

"Ergh.. stupid.. flintstones.."

-

Dave mumbled to himself while trying to light up the few pieces of stick and wood for twenty minutes, and he was starting to get frustrated. "Ugh.. Tristan! Can you help me out here? Bring me the matchsticks!" Dave yelled out in an annoyed tone.
[CONT]
-

"..Tristan?"

Dave looked around him, yet, his son wasn't there.

'Oh God.' He was so focused on the campfire that he forgot about Tristan. The kid should have known not to stray too far by now - he's old enough anyway, but Dave started to worry

"Oh god- TRISTAN!!"
He ran around the trees, checking every spot, no one was around. He kept calling out his son's name, straying farther from the tent Dave had set up. Dave was hyperventilating from the pressure. Several hours later, the whole forest was coated with the dark sky. Dave could barely see a thing anymore. Luckily, he remembered that he was wearing a backpack with all their camping tools inside! He took out a flashlight and continued to look for his son.