The beginning of the path

If you are offered to go to the unknown and most dangerous place on the continent, what will be your answer?

Of course, if you have even a little common sense, then you will refuse. Who knows what dangers will be exposed on your way?

The unknown is what all people are afraid of, without exception, you don't know what can happen to you, that's why you're scared.

Nevertheless, there are people who go on such expeditions despite all the dangers of the unknown. Such people are usually driven by a thirst for profit, or simply madness.

Of course, my point of view may differ from yours, after all, not all people who have the courage to go to such a dangerous place are greedy or crazy... Right?

And at this moment, such a word as "Duty" appears, the duty to complete the task despite the danger, the duty to return alive to their relatives – all this is experienced by a person who has been entrusted with a heavy burden of responsibility.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A terrible event unfolded before my eyes, multiple screams filled my mind. Strange humanoid sculptures carved from an unknown black stone suddenly began to move and kill all the people who got in their way.

One of the statues with a crossbow aimed at me and shot a shining purple arrow.

"RON, DON'T STAND THERE!"

Coming to my senses from the cry of a comrade, I tried to jump away from the radius of the arrow flying at me. But unfortunately, even though I was on the orange mana core, my speed was still not enough

Suddenly, a tall, muscular man appeared in front of me and covered me with his shield. The arrow hit his shield, leaving deep cracks on it.

"Thank you, Balmond"

Baldor looked at me furiously and shouted – "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER AND FI..."

But before he could finish, a purple arrow pierced the back of his head.

Balmond's lifeless body fell to the ground.

I looked at Balmond's corpse with trembling eyes and grabbed sword.

Me need to remain calm, it's not the best idea to show emotions at such moments. Although I knew Balmond, I was not close to him.

The humanoid sculpture aimed at me again, wasting no time, I started running towards it, the distance between us gradually decreased.

Seeing that the arrow had formed again in the sculpture's crossbow, I directed most of my mana at the legs.

"vshuh"

Jumping to the left, I barely dodged the arrow. Recovering quickly, I rushed to the sculpture.

This time our distance was noticeably reduced, had only three meters left to hit the strange monster with my sword.

The sculpture, realizing that the crossbow would no longer help her, formed a purple blade in her hand and rushed to me.

[All violators must be killed]

Swinging the flaming sword at the sculpture, the sword and blade met. From the force of the blow, I staggered back, the sculpture in turn remained in its original place.

"Shit"

I was noticeably inferior in agility and strength to this sculpture, even an attack with elemental magic could not break through the defense. Rather, on the contrary, I showed a gap in the defense.