The Beginning

My name is John. John Jurasek. I work in an office, surrounded by people my age, all there to work. Outside of the office, we have nothing in common.  Theresa has her kids, Jack has his wife, and I have a YouTube channel my Employer doesn't know of.  Well actually, nobody at work knows of my channel.  I like short wave radio, dressing nice, and sweet jazz.  A simple man with his simple aspirations. I lead a fairly normal life; "The American Dream" some would even say. Let's dismiss the fact I am incredibly socially awkward because besides that, I am a model citizen. I don't need people like Jack or Theresa. 

Not all is lost however, my fans keep me company. Do you remember that YouTube channel I was telling you about earlier? That channel keeps me going. "TheReportOfTheWeek";  nearly 3 million subscribers. How I grew this loyal audience is a question on the minds of many individuals and my answer will be considered unbelievable to many. I review food. That's it. That's the whole catch. I set up my camera, and I eat fast food on camera, and then proceed to grade the spread. People love this display. At first I didn't understand the appeal and even now it perplexes me. I've considered people watch for my personality, but I am truly not that interesting. As I have previously stated, I am a simple man with simple aspirations. 

I want change. I think it's human nature to crave change, but for the past 25 years of my life, that need of change has never been fulfilled. Many people simply change their perspective, they travel, they meet new people; I simply cannot. I never found the motivation to put forth the effort. I should've whilst I was younger. Now I feel as if I am trapped in my own life, not being able to adapt to change even though I desperately want to. I can only help myself. 

I went for a walk today. There's a park near my apartment complex, it's a very popular attraction. Children swing on the swings, Adults sit on the benches. I noticed that as I walked by. Such a ridiculous thing to notice, isn't it? Past the park sits a wide forest. An open space that leads into clusters of trees. The forest is famous here in Titusville, notorious for the amount of disappearances, leaving many individuals who enter unable to find a way out. It's only assumed the missing have succumbed to natures exposure. Hypothermia in the chilly winter, Heat strokes in the warm summer, wild animals eating away what's left of the vessel. The forest is known as "The Devil's Space".  I get chills walking past it.

Lately, I've been needing more sleep. I stay up overthinking, anxieties crawl over my skin from time to time. It's hard to sleep when overcome by any type of emotion. I'm sure you understand.

How does change manifest? Lord, help me.