I shook it

The baby wailed and sobbed and Lucci frantically shushed it as he swayed, trying to comfort the baby.

"Shh, shh, you're ok, please, please stop crying you're ok, it's ok, everything's ok, please please please-"

He swayed a little faster, his eyes welling up with tears.

"Please be quiet, you're ok, I already fed you, are you tired? Just sleep, sleep please, please just fall asleep, please please, I can't, no one is helping me, please just cooperate, please..."

But the baby didn't stop, it kept crying, shaking its little body, it's hands balled into fists as it sobbed.

"Please! Please just shut up! Shut up, be quiet, shut up shut up shut UP-"

He held the baby from under its arms and as he screamed for it to be quiet, he began shaking it, shouting louder and louder.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!? SHUT UP, SHUT THE FUCK UP, I'M DOING MY BEST, JUST SHUT UP!!!"

And after a bit, it went quiet, and Lucci froze.

He stared at the baby, and noticed its body had gone limp.

"...no..."

He shook it again, but it was much lighter this time.

He then cradled it in his arms, hoping for some reaction, any reaction.

He got none, and he just stood there, holding a baby that he killed.

He started to cry, and as he did, he squeezed the baby to his chest.

"No, no, no-"

He fell to his knees and continued to sob, not putting the baby down.