Chapter 12: The Wilting Rose Needs Sunlight

Rosalinda POV:

(Outfit)

I woke up the next morning feeling surprisingly well rested. Reiji's been protective, gentle with me, he's made me some herbal concoctions with his chemistry lab in his room and gave it to me through tea which helped soothe my scratched throat. Karlheinz actually has stopped by a few times to check on me and his last visit he gave me my parents' new address, he said he helped them find a better place to live and slowly helping them get on their feet. To say I was happy was an understatement, I couldn't stop crying happy tears at the fact that he was helping my family. Reiji had bought me a writing letter kit, I've been using it all the time. Those boys have been really sweet. Right now I'm sitting in Reiji's room having a cup of tea and doing one of my wigs to have something to do, I wanted to give one of my wigs a beautiful formal look if I ever needed it. "Well that's a beautiful look for your hair," I giggle hearing Reiji say that. "I just wanted to make my wig beautiful if I ever needed it for a formal event. I don't know I guess I'm just bored. Being a teenager with cancer isn't exactly entertaining, so my wigs and reading keep me occupied. Though I highly doubt I'll even go somewhere formal in awhile," I sigh out.

 Though I highly doubt I'll even go somewhere formal in awhile," I sigh out

(The Style)

"But I do love roses, so I thought why not braid roses in the wig," I put the brush down. "It looks nice, but I came in here because I thought you'd like to go out into our rose garden for some fresh air. It's your choice if you'd like to go with Subaru or me, he's the person who takes care of the roses because of his mom," I raise a brow thinking it over. "Well, I hung out with Kanato. In your room of course because of how he can be sometimes, so being with Subaru might not be that big of a deal. However could you maybe keep an eye on me from a distance, I'm still nervous about being alone with your brothers. Even though Ayato apologized I still get paranoid," Reiji agrees and opens his door to call for Subaru, I stand up and grab my sweater off the back of the chair I was sitting on. Subaru stands next to Reiji as I slip it over my shoulders, "I know this is probably a myth, but it's sunny outside and I don't want you to be uncomfortable," they both chuckle. "Yeah we get uncomfortable with the sun but we don't burn, I'll grab a hoodie and we can go outside," I smile at Subaru nodding in agreement. "Subaru knows you're nervous, but I'll still keep an eye on you," I hug Reiji and he hugs me back. 

"Reiji I hope some day I can repay you, you've been a really good man along with your father. Thank you for helping me," Reiji chuckles and hugs me tighter, "You don't need to repay me, you already are. By giving me a chance to help you, you're changing us and we're getting better everyday," I giggle. "Well maybe when I'm better I can at least do something nice for you and your family," Subaru comes in letting me know he's ready and I walk out with him. 

Reiji POV: 

This woman is melting my heart, all of our hearts. I walked over to the large windows in my room seeing Subaru have a hand on her shoulder, I couldn't help but silently growl in jealousy. I see her have a huge smile on her face and that she's giggling, I partially smile knowing that this is the happiest I've seen her in awhile. I feel very attached to her, I don't want to harm her, but I'm getting thirsty and I don't know how long I can hold myself back. I go after Yui, but because Rosa isn't able to be bitten she's getting weak and with Rosa helping to ease us, I'm starting to give a shit. I sigh with a shake of my head, I have got to control my thirst. 

Rosalinda POV:

"Your garden is beautiful," I say holding a rose in my hand, "Thank you, my mother gave it to me. I've always taken care of it, even after she passed away. I'd like to think she's in these roses," I smile at Subaru's sweet words, "Aww that's sweet, you know roses are actually my favorite. My mom named me Rosalinda because the day I was born there were roses sprouting in the window of her hospital room in a windowsill pot. But she thought "Mm... Rose is such a common name, so why not something from a different heritage, and then she named me Rosalinda. I miss my mom and dad," I say sadly to myself. Subaru puts a hand on my shoulder in comfort, "I'm sure you'll see them again," I nod smiling at him. Suddenly I don't feel so good and I start coughing, I pull out the tissue I carry to cough into it. 

Subaru rubs my back as I cough and I pull the tissue away seeing a lot of blood on it. Some dripped down my chin as well, "Subaru," I say my voice hoarse, "Something's wrong," my vision blurs and I fall into his arms. I feel like I'm getting picked up, "Don't worry, I'll take you to Reiji. He'll contact our father and we'll figure things out," I start crying, "I don't think the Chemo's working anymore. Subaru I don't wanna die," his grip tightens on me, "Hey, you're not gonna die. We won't let you," I can't stop crying because my fear is getting the better of me. Subaru carries me fast to Reiji's room so he can check me over, Reiji holds me gently as a sharp pain shoots through my chest making me cry out. "Get our father on the phone now," Reiji yells as another shooting pain goes through my chest and I cry tears falling down my cheeks. "It's alright, Rosa. We'll figure this out," he strokes my hair as I cry not knowing where the pain is coming from. "Please don't let me die," I cry out again. I really don't want to die, but I'm so tired of the pain. I hope Karlheinz knows what to do.