Chapter 3: Summer Falls

I scream in my head I was so excited. Prince Xander has chosen me and four others girls for the elite and I'm so happy! I thought that I wouldn't be good enough and get eliminated right away. My name is Summer Falls and I'm from the province Dominica. I joined the selection two weeks ago to fight for the heart of the handsome Prince Xander. I was so happy when I got picked I literally dance around my house. I mean being a six is a tough life I don't get much joy in my life. The prince as also chosen two of my friends that I have made in this selection Isla Waters and Astrid Sanders. We've become very close even though we are all fighting against each other.
After the prince made the announcement I decided to take a run. I ran up to my room to change and heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I ask taking out some running shorts in my forever going on closet, seriously it's huge!

"Prince Xander." The prince says from the other side of the door in his sweet voice. I throw the shorts under my bed quickly and answered the door with a smile.

"Hello your highness. What can I help you with?" I ask trying not to sound desperate. I haven't spent one on one time with the prince lately he's been spending his time with the other selected and doing his princely things.

"I was wondering if you were doing anything right now." He ask then smiles his bright smile. I felt like melting right then and there. His smile is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen times ten. It's like a warm summer sun.

"Yes, I was actually just about to go for a walk. But I can always take a walk later if you wanted to do something." I say smiling back not that it was as good as his smile. No one could ever have a better smile then him.

"Well. I was just wondering if you wanted to do something together " I noticed he seemed a bit nervous but I didn't know why.

"You could join me for a walk. I was just about to head to the gardens." I say not knowing how he would reply.

"Sure. That sounds great!" I holds out his arm for me to take. I take his arm and start walking beside him heading to the gardens.

"Was there something you wanted to talk to me about?" I ask still wondering why he came to me out of all the other girls chosen as the elite, I mean I'm the lowest caste left in the selection.

"No. I just felt like doing something with a selected and I haven't spent much time with you lately." I looks forward not making eye contact. I sensed something going on but I didn't push him.

"So how have you been?" I ask as we step out into the gardens. Imagine the most beautiful plants in the whole.world in one place plus more. That's how beautiful the gardens are.

"I'm fine. Better now to see a friendly face. What about you?" He looks into my eyes as we walk and smile.

I blush a little but hope he doesn't notice. "To be honest I'm great." I say trying not to have my voice sound to excited.

"Why's that?" He smirks.

I hit him playfully. "Don't act like an idiot it won't work." I giggle. "You know exactly why."

He shakes his head smiling. "No I don't." I can tell he's trying not to laugh which just makes me laugh.

"Sometimes I don't understand you." I say shaking my head. "One minute you're all nice and smart and the next you're an idiot." I laugh.

"You should be careful what you call me. After all I'm in charge of the eliminations." I smirks.

"Oh no! I completely forgot that th sprinkle is choosing his wife and who he loves!" I joke giggling.