Until We Meet Again

a oneshot for koriyo

───────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ─────────

You are the dream I live in,
The dream I can never awake from.

He squinted his eyes as he aimed, one hand supporting the gun as he held it in the other

He squinted his eyes as he aimed, one hand supporting the gun as he held it in the other. His finger slowly wrapped around the trigger, ready to pull it at any moment. His breathing and heart rate had slowed, he was captured by the utmost concentration.
The male watched from a hidden spot behind the staircase of a deserted car park. He had a great view of the upper level, allowing him to observe his target's current transactions while they suspected no intruder.
Wooyoung mentally took note of their conversation as much as he could while he waited for the ideal moment to take his shot; he only had one single chance, after all.

Having become one of the most skilled members of his gang, not to say the most skilled, he had been sent off with a very confidential order given to him directly by his gang leader, their so called 'captain'.

He was supposed to assassinate a high-ranking member of one of the opposing gangs, the brains behind most of the gang's ambushes.
Just as he took one last calm yet deep breath before finally pulling the trigger to complete the task, he perceived a faint noise not too far from him, killing his focus.
He hissed in annoyance, having missed his target and also gained his attention as the bullet missed his body by a few inches.

When his sharp eyes caught sight of the group of people rapidly approaching, he was forced to leave early and terminate the mission unfinished, hurrying to get up and get out of their sight as quickly as he possibly could, now potentially having two enemies tailing him at once if luck was on his bad side.
He was followed by a series of gunshots and hissed threats as he ran off into the vast district, passing through rather narrow, random streets, trying his best to leave them behind.

Due to training every single day, Wooyoung didn't run out of stamina easily, though after a while, he faced a dead end that made him halt in his steps.
He was trapped, but true to his reputation, Wooyoung wouldn't go down without a fight. Mentally, he thanked his captain for assigning him personal training sessions and hours of cardio workouts.

His opponents surrounded him immediately; he fired his first shot, the bullet piercing through the leading member's flesh just above the heart. It wasn't long before he dropped down to the ground, clutching his chest, eyes wide and teary, as if he was well aware of his doom.
All hell broke loose as the group realized he couldn't be saved, and suddenly it was the remaining four of them surrounding their opponent.

"Congratulations, you just signed your own death sentence.", one of them spat, eyeing him up and down. He chuckled in response, having expected their attack either way.